Nezuko's journey (6)

Nezuko's journey: Connecting Threads (1/2)

This is a two-part chapter, so watch out for part 2!

【PoV: Reader】

Aiko and Nezuko's exchange of words (though it was Aiko that did all the talking, while Nezuko just lent her ears and listened) continued, to the point where the skies outside has gradually faded into the color of orange.

Aiko had told tons of things to Nezuko, starting from how she grew to adore sewing, to even her personal worries. The demon girl would enjoy listening to her, as it gives her joy to have the company of another person; which to her surprise, likes the same thing that she does: sewing.

Yet again, Aiko continued talking. But this time, she mentions a particular individual.

" That moment my brother and I were losing all of hope, a stranger kindly reached out to us and healed our fatal wounds. " Aiko started, as she recalls the past that has scarred hurt and her brother.

The agonizing, dreadful past that left a huge scar on the two of them. The event that has brought her brother to grow a grudge against the inhumane creatures that was merely just a myth to them at that moment in the past.

" The helpful woman had the same blood of he whom attacked us. The monster that killed our father, wounded my brother and scarred my eyes."

" ..yet, she posed no harm to the two of us. She never intended to in the first place. She merely just wanted to help us. " Aiko sweetly smiled, as she recalls the warmth of that demon woman.

The blind girl cut off a piece of thread, finishing off her little embroidery tapestry. She lays her finished work in the table next her, and proceeded to continue her topic.

" It was thanks to her that I learnt that there is something good behind some demons. A kind demon lady that specializes in medicine. I believe she's a doctor?"

" Her threads.. they were no different than the other demons; but instead of clustering together into a big mess.. "

" Her's were passively coexisting with one another. The threads inside her were working in harmony. Although, I suppose she dislikes her current fate. " Aiko closes her eyes, letting out a sweet giggle. Nezuko looks at her with intrigued eyes, her face looks as if she wants to learn more about this demon.

" Her name was... "

Amidst their little chat, a sudden thud was made just in the other room; where Hairo and the wounded swordsman was inside of. Soon after, Hairo hurriedly lashed out of the room, panicking.

He abruptly went after the door, sliding it open hastily.

The two individuals sitting on the table were alarmed by the sudden uproar, and stood up concerned. Aiko ran after her big brother, anxious about the current situation.

She clings to the walls of their house till she could reach the door that leads outside. There, Hairo was carrying his hatchet in his right arm, preparing to head off.

" The boy jumped off the window all of a sudden! His wounds aren't fully healed yet, so I need to fetch him! " Hairo explained, seeing his little sister standing next to the door, with a worrisome look.

But before he chased after the runaway boy, he stopped in his tracks, as the safety of his little sister comes in mind.

" Ah, shit.. if I leave, that demon might do something underhanded to my sister.." He thought, remembering the presence of the demon temporarily resting in their house.