The demon of the village

[PoV: Reader]

*Review*

After reuniting with the demon girl he met almost a year ago, the mist pillar, Muichiro Tokito, is now placed with the responsibility of taking care of the demon whose name is Nezuko Kamado.

The two are now ready to fulfill missions and are currently headed to one.

========================

" ..What is that called again..? moss.. plant? No.. "

Muichiro Tokito is currently kneeling down, getting distracted again. He was looking at a certain plant while walking along a rice field, and he forgot what it was called. It was in fact, a foxtail fern.

The sun's light is as ruthless as ever, and, the boy's travel continued as he gave up on figuring out what exactly it is called.

He was tasked, finally, his next mission. With the demon Nezuko Kamado on his back, sleeping inside of a newly made box, they head to a certain village where humans have been disappearing.

In a matter of a few hours, the mist pillar has already reached it, and they have been greeted by a young man along the way. He was years older than Muichiro, and had a cheerful expression on his face.

The young man is named Naoto Kiyoshiro, and he had just returned from his work to visit his family. Naoto was energetic and friendly, he even invited Muichiro to come with him. Muichiro decided to tag along, but he still hasn't mentioned the real reason he was at the village in the first place.

" Naoto my boy! You've returned! " A man in his mid fifties ran up to Naoto.

" Pops! " Naoto called him, and the man he called 'pops' patted him in the back.

Afterwards, the man noticed the silent Muichiro tagging along with them. He turned around and asked him.

" Heya, kiddo! What's your name? "

He cheerfully greeted the expressionless Muichiro. Sadly, the boy had his head in the clouds again, and didn't notice the man greet him.

Naoto had to introduce him in his stead to his father, and they continued walking. The whole village was welcoming back Naoto, and have prepared a large piece just for his return. Naoto got dragged along with the cheerful atmosphere of his village, that he forgot about Muichiro.

Though, the said boy doesn't really care, and wandered the village by himself. During that, he came across a hooded girl sitting down right next to the pile of hay, looking at the skies above. She noticed Muichiro wandering, and was surprised to see him.

" Who are you? You're.. not supposed to be here! "

She stood up, and pointed to Muichiro, who is playing with a butterfly. He didn't notice the girl call out to him, and that made her irritated.

" Didn't you hear me? No one is allowed to be here! " She warned him again, and this time, Muichiro turned to face her.

" Then, why are you here? "

" T-that is... "

She couldn't find an excuse to give him, and looked away. Muichiro didn't mind her, and stared at the rice field in front of him. A bit of time has passed, Muichiro is still standing, looking at the same rice field as the wind blows. Then, he opened his mouth, and had asked something to the girl