The pretending demon (2)

[PoV: Reader]

The mist pillar, Muichiro Tokito, and an unnamed demon finally meet again, and they've found the demon they've been looking for.

The young pillar pulled out his blade from the scabbard hanging in his waist and dashed towards the chameleon-like demon to attack her.

While running, he recited the breathing style he uses.

" Breath of mist, First form: Hanging Sky, Distant Mist! "

And as soon as he reached Doremi, he slashed his sword at her and cut off three of her limbs. The demon screamed and used her tail to hit Muichiro. The demon girl wasn't done with it yet, she used her left leg and kicked the demon in the stomach. Causing it to get thrown into the kitchen. Because of that, the fridge, the stove, and other appliances got crushed.

The fridge opened and showed a bunch of frozen limbs from children. Doremi grabbed a huge portion of meat and stuffed it in her mouth. The demon girl screamed in rage, and dashed towards Doremi. But, the demon girl stopped, when she has seen that the demon changed her appearance.

Doremi changed into a human, a young little girl. The demon girl got reminded of her late little sister, Hanako. She backed away, and glared at Doremi, but she couldn't attack her.

" So humans are your weakness? "

Doremi whispered under her breath, using the voice of a dead little girl she killed with her own hands. While the young demon was standing there in fear, Muichiro continued to attack Doremi. The pillar sliced away the demon's arms and legs, and was going to slice off her neck, when-
She changed her appearance to that of the mist pillar.

" How's this? Like looking into a mirror, right? Ahaha! " She showed off how identical she looked to the disturbed slayer.

Muichiro had recalled a memory in his childhood, a memory where his twin brother was still alive. He flinched, and, like the demon girl earlier, he couldn't move a muscle.

Doremi was ready to take his life, when the demon girl kicked her away. She growled at the wounded Doremi, and continued to scratch her in different places. But, even if she's torn in pieces, Doremi persists to pass away. She hit the demon girl and escaped upstairs.

The demon girl chased after her, while Muichiro snapped out of it and wondered where the two have gone.

The demon girl found Doremi carrying the body of a headless child, she recognised who's body it belonged to- the girl she met earlier, the one who didn't want to get eaten.

The demon girl went straight to her, and kicked her in the neck, meanwhile, Muichiro came in the right time and helped the demon girl in severing her head. Right before they beheaded her, a tiny folded picture fell down from her pocket.

Doremi noticed this, and remembered a tragic memory in her past. But it was too late, the picture fell on the ground and her head was decapitated by Muichiro.

The woman finally remembered the reason why she was fascinated by little girls. It was because she once had a daughter of her own- a lovely little girl who didn't get to grow up.

========================

It was twenty years ago, the woman and her six year-old daughter lives in a peaceful village right next to a rice filed. Her daughter's name was Kogami, and she was the sweetest little in girl in the village.

Every day, Doremi and her daughter wakes up and eats breakfast, and then they work in the rice field. Though she was still six, Kogami was a hardworking kid and helped her mother in planting rice. And, when the day ends, they go back to their house to rest.

But, one evening, a terrified scream woke up the villagers from their sleep. Doremi tucked in her daughter to sleep and went outside to check it out. And, was horrified at what she's seen.

Everything was in chaos, the houses were burning, the air was thick with smoke and there's a lingering scent of blood. Some of the villagers were lying on the ground, brutally killed by an unknown suspect.

In the burning scene, a man stood out from the rest. He wore black colored clothes, his whole body was covered in blood, and his eyes were not like any other human- it was the crimson tainted eyes of the  devil.

Doremi deducted that he might be the one that caused this chaos, with her shaking feet, she ran back inside her house to wake her daughter. They planned to escape, but the red eyed man was quick, and found them.

Doremi pleaded to spare her daughter's life, and kill her instead. But, the man laughed, and grabbed Doremi by the neck. He dripped a little of his blood into Doremi, and turned her into one of his kind- a demon.

" Now, why don't you take a look at that little girl over there? "

The man pointed at the trembling Kogami, who is kneeling down on the tatami floor, she looked at her mother.

" Ko...Koga..mi.. run! Please... run away..! "

Doremi ordered her daughter, her appearance was slowly changing. She started growing fangs, sharp nails, and she was slowly losing her humanity. The man let her go, and Doremi has fully turned into a man eating demon. She chased after the daughter she doesn't recognize no more. She grabbed Kogami's hand, and didn't hesitate to bite it.

But, Doremi wouldn't forget her inner feelings.

She didn't want to kill her daughter,

she didn't want to become a demon,

she didn't want for any of that to happen.

" Kogami.. my dear.. Kogami... I'm very, very sorry.. I didn't...! I didn't want to kill you..! "

========================

Doremi was finally defeated, her body and her head is slowly fading. The dead children were avenged, and, Muichiro's mission is completed. But before the demon girl follows along the pillar, she paid attention to the fading demon first. She knelt down to look at the demon, and heard her lamenting for her dead daughter.

The demon girl understood her feelings, the feeling of losing the most important people in your life, it is simply just horrible. The demon girl raised up Doremi's head, and, embraced her in her final moments.

" Thank..you.. "

After giving her thanks , she completely faded away. The demon girl picked up the picture of Kogami and left the house peacefully.