08. almost impossible

Start from the beginning

"Anem endavant." Brynley whispered as quietly as she possibly could and her wand appeared out of thin air. She pointed to the hallway and the two began to walk over to it very quietly while Brynley tried to think of a spell to get them out of here.

"So that's it Trevor. He either got it or he didn't. We just have to wait." Rose told Trevor.

"Look, it's not too late. We can leave them here. We don't have to go through with this." Trevor offered.

"I'm sick of running!" Rose exclaimed.

"Yeah? Well, running keeps us from dying." Trevor reminded.

"Elijah's old school. If he accepts our deal, we're free." Rose argued before Brynley was about to wave her wand and to a cloaking spell but Elena stepped on a floorboard that made a squeaking noise.

"I'll be taking that." Trevor grabbed Brynley's wand and Brynley shot him a look. He walked over to Elena and grabbed the silver bracelet in her hand. "And that."

"No, wait, I need that." Brynley protested. "I'll lose control if I don't wear it."

"Give it to her, Trevor," Rose demanded and Trevor tossed Brynley the bracelet, she slipped it back on her wrist. "There's nothing around here for miles. If you think you're getting out of this house, you're tragically wrong. Understand?"

"Who's Elijah?" Elena spoke.

"He's your worst nightmare."

-

"Why are we here?" Elena asked again.

"You keep asking me these questions like I'm gonna answer them." Rose sighed.

"Why won't you?" Elena argued.

"That's another one." Rose rolled her eyes.

"You got us, okay? It's not like I can go anywhere. The least you can do is tell us what you want with us." Elena begged.

"I personally want nothing; I'm just a delivery service." Rose shrugged.

"Delivery to who? Elijah?" Elena suggested.

"Two points to the eavesdropper." Rose mumbled.

"Who is he? Is he a vampire?" Elena asked.

"He's one of the vampires, the originals." Rose answered.

"What do you mean the originals?" Brynley looked at her, confused.

"Again with the questions. Haven't the Salvatores been teaching you your vampire history?" Rose questioned.

"So you know Stefan and Damon?"

"I know of them. A hundred years back, a friend of mine tried to set me up with Stefan. She said he was one of the good ones. I'm more of a sucker for the bad boys though but I digress." Rose explained.

"Who are the originals?" Brynley finally spoke.

"Trevor and I have been running for 500 years. We're tired, we want it over. We're using you two to negotiate ourselves out of an old mess." Rose replied.

"But why us?" Elena said.

"Because you're a Petrova Doppelgänger and a Fairy. You're the key to breaking the curse." Rose informed.

"The curse? The sun and the moon curse?"

"Oh, you do know your history." Rose smiled.

"What do you mean I'm the key? The moonstone is what breaks the curse." Elena argued.

"No, the moonstone is what binds the curse. The sacrifice is what breaks it." Rose corrected.

"The sacrifice?" Brynley spoke.

"The blood of the doppelgänger. You're the doppelgänger. Which means, in order to break the curse you're the one who has to die." Rose explained before pointing at Brynley. "And Fairy magic and witch magic is what the curse was made from, so it's what's needed to break it. Witches are easy to find, but fairies are almost impossible."