Chapter 1 - Pursuit of Happiness

Start from the beginning

Opening the car door, I see her ring the doorbell and go stand next to her.

"Hey Bestie!" Rae opens the door and hugs Quinn pulling her inside as they greet each other. "Hey big brother!" She then hugs me.

"Hey sis! How are you?" I ask Rae.

"I am great! Life couldn't be better. Whoever thought marriage who be this great and our kids make us complete? I couldn't be better Ethan." She beams with pride.

I glance at Quinn and she looks down.

I mentally shake my head.

"That's good Rae. I'm truly happy for you and my big headed little brother. Where is he by the way? Isn't it time for you two to go." I am really and truly happy for them even though I want what they have.

"He's trying to put Blayze to bed so that you two won't have to deal with his daddy attachment issues." She tells us walking to the family room with us following her.

"Aunt Quinn!"

"Uncle E!"

The kids attack us as soon as they notice us walking into the room.

"Hey munchkins!" Quinn kiss them all.

I then followed suit before Rae shooed them back to finish their homework before going to bed.

They all went back to their spots on the floor doing home work.

"Where's Tomar?" Quinn asks.

"She already out and tucked in. She's been running around all day with Blayze since I picked her up from school. They all already ate and took their baths. It's bedtime for those 3 as well once they're finished."

Quinn went and sat in the middle of them on the floor helping them with their homework since Rae is getting ready to leave.

"Hey bro!" I turn around and see Bryce approaching me. "Hey Quinn!" He greets her and she waves from her spot on the floor.

"Hey. How was your meeting with the Zanief Corp board members?" I ask giving him a brotherly hug.

"It was a bust. Turns out their earning figures are being inflated to meet shareholder's expectation. It didn't take a genius to figure that out after I review their books.I was just too curious of why they wanted me to invest if they are doing as good as they claim, so I investigated myself up close and personal. Its only a matter of time before they get caught or go bankrupt." He shakes his head disappointingly.

"Well damn!" I exclaim thinking how I dodged a bullet and scandal.

I'm glad he personally handled that. This is exactly why Bryce is the boss. He has the brains and granddad and mom knew that.

It was my account but Bryce wanted to deal with it himself. I'm glad I didn't argue because I wouldn't have thought to review it that much. All the papers that I reviewed looked legitimate.

"Yeah crazy. I know. But we're about to go, you guys ok? Tomar and Blayze shouldn't be up, at least not before we get back."

"We got it." I reassure him.

"Ok!" He walks to the end of the stairs and yell up to Rae. "Babe let's go."

Soon Rae is down the stairs. They kiss the kids goodnight and leave.

Once the kids are finished, I let them watch two episode of spongebob despite Quinns protest.

She doesn't want to have a child but now wants to act like someone's parent? Yeah right. I ignore her.