Chapter 35 - The Heart of the Matter

Hope you all had a great Christmas and to all the Christmas babies, I hope you all had a awesome birthday!!!

UPDATING TO THE END TODAY AS I WRITE EACH PART.

_________________

QUINN'S P.O.V.

_________________

"Calm down Quinn. Just calm down and we will take you to see him." Rae tries to console me.

I just wanted to see him. I don't know what happened but I felt something in me come alive and the thought of Ethan being very much alive keep playing in my head.

Bryce told me it would be OK and that once I see the body I would maybe come to terms with the fact that he's gone, but he just can't be. I don't know what it is, but my heart feels more alive than it has been in the last year.

There's only person that has ever made me feel that way, so I refuse to believe accept that he is gone.

"Ok." I tell Rae as I lay back in the bed and trying to calm my nerves while waiting for the nurse to get back with the wheelchair. "Where's Evan? Is he ok?" I ask now that I don't remember seeing him and he is the closest to his brother. I know they said Elena was on her way.

Rae sighs. "He's sleeping, they had to sedate him. Cara is with him right now, she should be up to check on you soon." she then smiles and squeezes my hand. "Just relax, he will be ok and your family will be here soon."

Bryce gets up from the chair on my other side and walks up behind her, looking directly at me. His face has remained stoic this entire time but you can see the pain in his eyes.

He is normally good at hiding his feeling but these feelings are next to impossible to hide.

"You're going to be ok sis." He finally says. "I know my brother and even though he hasn't made the best choices given the circumstances, we all make mistakes but I know he loved you more than anything else in this world. And for that know that you will always be family, whatever you need, no matter how big or small, we will be there for you, every step of the way. I promise you this Quinn." He moves from behind Rae and hugs me as a tear fell from my eye.

"He's gone isn't he? He's really gone?" I ask Bryce because he said he loved me instead of 'loves'. He can't be. My heart won't let me believe.

Bryce nods. "Yeah sis he is. But we can still take you to see him."

I nodded ok too choked up to say anything else.

"Ok here we are. Let's be gentle with her while we help her to the chair. And she will need to remain calm. Her heart is stronger but things can change really fast as we saw when she came in." The nurse said wheeling the chair over to the bed.

Bryce and Rae stepped back allowing her to push it next to me. She pulls the covers back and supports me under my arm, helping me to get up as Bryce hold the chair firm.

My heart feels so strong yet my body feels so weak.

Once i'm in the chair the nurse tells us to follow her as she pulls the IV stand next to me while Bryce pushed me and Rae holds my hand.

As we approached the door to the room she said held his body, my heart beat sounded so loud, like it was in my ears. The closer we got the louder it would beat.

I think it was the anticipation.

But deep down inside something keeps telling me he's not dead. I want to believe everyone but this gut feeling is just too hard not to believe, not to mention that it won't go away.