"Do you think you'll be able to beat one of her pokemon?"

"What will you do if you lose to her?"

"Will you get a hit in?"

"Um... I-um..." He really should've taken a Taxi today.

"Hey!" A loud voice boomed throughout the air, silencing the nosy reporters. Behind the crowd stood a girl and her intimidating, and iconic, Chesnaught. She walked up to the crowd, glaring at each one of them before her eyes landed on him. That shook him to his very core, but her glare turned into one of softness.

'Not pity,' Allister thought.

Her gaze looked back to the crowd of reporters. "Normally, I don't care enough to barge in like this, but with all of you distracting my victim of the day, I don't think I can sit back. So, if you don't mind, please go on with your day so he can do what he needs to do to get in a battling mindset... or something like that." The girl grabbed Allister's shoulders and lightly pushed him to move forward. Not hard, just a light push. The journalists, still slightly shocked something that loud came out of someone that frail, only watched as you guided the Ghost-type gym leader away from the crowd. When you got out of their eyesight, you sighed and released your grip. "Sorry about that. I didn't mean to come off as some asshole, but it looked like you needed it... Allister, right?"

Allister nodded. He was still reeling from that encounter, and his face felt hot. "...Thanks."

You smiled warmly at him. "It's no big deal. Besides, I like looking like an asshole in front of the media. It gives people the idea they should approach with caution... or it gets them horny." Allister snorts, he couldn't deny that. "Anyway, I don't battle you until later in the day. See ya' then!"

With that, you walked away with your Chesnaught in tow. He watched you for a little bit before shaking himself out of it and continued his walk to the stadium. You seemed nice.

When you first saw Allister at the gym challenge opening, you were completely floored. That kid couldn't be any older than you and he was a gym leader no less. You shouldn't be too surprised though. After all, the gym leader in Lumiose city had an I.Q. that surpassed an average adult when he was just a child. Still, that's because he was a genius and was a fact that was repeated when he was on the news about a brand new invention he created. This guy though. All you could gather about Allister from Rose was that he was the "Silent Boy of Mystery!" Which makes sense. Not a lot of people know anything about him, and you especially knew nothing about him. Hop was a regular expert on all things gym challenged related so you asked him.

"Oh, Allister? I can't say I know much about him either. And even though Leon is the one that made him a Gym Leader, he is pretty hush about him too."

Okay, so he is a boy shrouded in mystery. It's whatever though. You're probably thinking about this too much anyway. He just must be a strong trainer and Leon had seen some potential in him. No different from yourself and Hop. You pushed it to the back of your head and continued onward. Then you arrived at Stow-on-Side with your trusty Chesnaught in tow. You had just met up with the scientist on route six and revived a fossil pokemon when you see a crowd of journalists up ahead. You could've easily walked away, but your curiosity got the best of you. Looking through a small space some journalists made, you see the small ghost-type gym leader in the center.

Oh boy, he doesn't look so hot. Despite the mask covering his face, you could tell he's not the confrontation type. Tank looked at you, trying to confirm what you were thinking. You nodded and Tank did his best to look intimidating, not like it was hard. "Hey!" You were super cool and you were gonna show these reporters what for. Then your eyes landed on Allister. Oh yeah, people are just not his forte. Your gaze softened, just enough to hopefully let him know anything that comes out of your mouth is not in any way meant to hurt him. When you finally got away from all that, you apologized and left for the day. You weren't an asshole, but you weren't going to be a bystander to someone who needed help and wouldn't mind saying things you'll probably regret later. So apologizing was just there as a double reassurance. There wasn't anything else interesting in Stow-on-Side other than the murals which looked like someone vomited paint on a stone wall.