Tommy pulled away for a second, gently lowering her down onto the bed with his arms. She let out a happy sigh as he hovered above her and took his shirt off. Jesus. He was attractive. He was built like a greek god and it was almost concerning compared to how small Daisy was.

He quickly leaned back down, his kisses sloppy, almost too sloppy. Like a dog. He brought them down to her neck, "I love you." He spoke into the kisses. Daisy made an awkward face as she stared up at the ceiling.

The sound of a belt unbuckling filled her ears, and at first she didn't really think anything of it, she was too busy trying to get past the sound of him professing his love.

But then he pulled down her pants, completely unexpectedly. She pushed him off of her, and sat up quickly. "What the fuck?!" She widened her eyes, pulling her own pants back up and catching sight of him about to pull his boxers down. Did he really think that after thirty seconds of kissing, she was ready for sex?

"I thought you were into it?" He shrugged, awkwardly trying to hide his boner under his boxers.

"We haven't—" She shook her head quickly. "No, I— I'm not having sex with you right now!"

Tommy rubbed his eyes frustratedly. "Jesus christ, Daisy!" He yelled, startling her.

Her eyes widened more. "I'm sorry?" She said, shocked by his quick change in attitude.

He flails his arms out to the side and scoffs. "We've been dating for three months and we haven't had sex."

She couldn't believe the words that were coming out of his mouth. "I wanted to wait until the time was right." She narrowed her eyebrows at him. "I'm sorry that being fucked on your twin bed while your parents are downstairs isn't ideal for me." She got off his bed, readjusting her clothes.

"Oh, come on. It's not like you're a virgin." Tommy rolls his eyes.

Daisy turned to him with a disgusted look. "What would you fucking know?"

He scoffed, shaking his head. "It's not like it's some huge secret. Everyone knows you slept through the lacrosse team."

"That's not even true!" She shouts. He runs his hands through his hair frustratedly, before putting his pants back on over his boxers. "I'm leaving." She grabs her backpack, swinging it over her shoulder and reaching for his door.

He grabs her arm. "I have to drive you, it's ten o'clock."

She shook him off her. "Don't fucking touch me." She spat, before storming out of his room and out of his house.

song: let it happen by tame impala

Dressed up to trick or treat, Michael stepped out of the house with Susan and George. It was cold even for the end of October, as if all the heat had been drained away into the earth.

Daisy leaned against the pillar of the front porch as she watched as her neighborhood erupted with giggles and chatter as children in costumes danced from house to house. The sun had just set, and every jack-o-lantern and tacky Halloween decoration was lit up for their one night performance.