Chapter 4: New Teacher, Old Teaching

Start from the beginning

"A faunus? I was never asked, so I never spoke of it. Is that a problem?" Glynda shook her head,"Not at all, though I would discourage telling team CRDL. They have a reputation of harrasing faunus." Acnologia walked towards her before stopping right in front of her,"I believe that is a reason I should disclose my nature. Give them a reason another reason to be kind around other faunus kind."

"Are you referring to your incident with them in the caffeteria?" Glynda asked him. Acnologia gave no answer. His confrontation with the leader of team CRDL over his bullying of Velvet had been spread quickly through the school. It gave Acnologia a reputation as a very scary and very terrifying person. His occasional spars with the various teams of Beacon had solidified as a man that should not be angered or even annoyed. "That could have been handled better."

"Perhaps, but it was dealt with in a way that ensured that no future hostility would occur." Acnologia told her. She rolled her eyes,"Violence will not solve everything." Acnologia turned towards her and walked up to, almost uncomfortably close. "We teach violence, to fight is to be violent to some extent. I am a dragon slayer, born in violence and forged by combat. I know nothing else. I did what I know, and that was to use violence to end violence."

Glynda looked at him with a look of both pity and slight sadness at his words. "I am sorry for that, but you are a teacher now. We may teach combat, but only as a way of protecting the peace that we have. It is our job to teach people to be peaceful, not violent." Acnologia titled his head at her. "I see. Peace.......I have not been peaceful since the days before I fought dragons, the days I traveled the world and before that, my time as a healer."

"You said that you were a doctor before you were a fighter. How did that come about? A healer becoming a dragon killer?" Glynda asked him. Acnologia looked at her thinking only of Anna and before he could say anything, team CFVY came through the doors.

"Another time then." She told him before approaching the team and begining a conversation with them. He took the few moments of silence to contemplate what he would tell her, if he would tell her anything at all.

"Hey teach, its your first day right? And on feild trip to, man your lucky." Fox told him. Acnologia looked at him but gave no response. "But then again, your going with the first years so that'll be interesting."

Coco hit Fox on the head,"Leave the new professor alone Fox." Acnologia looked at the team,"I don't mind, you remind me of someone I knew."

The group before him exchanged looks before Fox looked at him,"Was he as good looking as me?" Coco slapped herself on the head at his reply. The dragon slayer looked at Fox,"Another of my kind, a man named Natsu Dragneel. The only man to have defeated me in combat."

Fox made a victory cheer before doing a little dance. Acnologia raised an eyebrow at the blind fighter,"He was something of a impulsive brat when he wasn't fighting." Fox suddenly stopped before he turned to Acnologia very quickly,"WHY DO YOU HAVE TO GO AND SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT AFTER THAT AWESOME COMPLIMENT?!" Coco was laughing at Acnologia's statement while her teammates tried their best not to smile and Glynda was holding a hand over her face.

"I did not say you fought like him." The dragon slayer told the young boy as he was raged at. The school bell rung which caused everyone but Acnologia and Fox to look up. "Alright Fox, lets get to class, Doctor Oobleck won't wait for anyone." Coco grabbed Fox's shirt and pulled him away from Acnologia and out of the door along with her teammates. "No wait! Let me at 'em!" Fox screamed at him while being dragged away. Velvet waved as she shut the door behind them.

Glynda looked at Acnologia, her mouth doing its best not to morph into a smile. "Why did you have to antagonize him?" Acnologia looked at her with his usual cold gaze,"Did you not find it amusing?" Glynda tilted her head down, her glasses sliding to the bridge of her nose. "I didn't say that, only curious as to why you told him that."