Chapter 2: Bandages and Bullies

Start from the beginning

They were leathery to the touch and colder than the rest of his skin. "Oh, thats...new." Acnologia withdrew his arm and placed under his cloak. Now that Blake new to look for them, she saw that his face also had the same scaled markings.

Weiss interrupted her fascination by sitting down on the other side of him. "During our fight, how did you eat my ice when I froze your arm?"

Acnologia looked at her with narrowed eyes, he really didn't enjoy her tone. Her own eyes widen before scooted back ever so slightly in fear. "I-uh-I mean y-you don't have to t-tell m-me.."

"I'm a dragon slayer girl. I can eat elements to regain my strength. However your ice barely held any source of power for me." Weiss's head tilted in confusion,"Dragon...slayer? But didn't you say you were part dragon?"

"I am a dragon little girl. I am called a dragon slayer because I use dragon slayer magic. Its an ancient magic used to slay dragons as the name implies."

Ozpin took notice when he said he used magic.

"Theres no such thing as magic." Weiss said matter-of-factly. Acnologia growled,"What do you mean magic doesn't exist? Is that not what you used to freeze my arm?"

"I used my semblance mixed with some ice dust."

"Semblance? What is that?" Weiss's eyes widen in shock,"You don't know what a semblance is?"

Ozpin made his presence in the conversation known,"A semblance is the unique ability of a person who has unlocked their auras. Auras are an expression of a persons life energy, it powers their semblance and gives them a shield against the forces of Grimm."

"Grimm? Do these creatures have black fur, bone like white and reds faces, and evaporate into a black mist when they die?"

"I see that you have encountered them before. They are evil creatures who are drawn by negative emotions. They want only for the entire world to be stripped of human kind." Ozpin explained. "Yes I have seen these creatures. I killed one that resembled a bear." Acnologia told him.

"An Ursa. A common Grimm, but a deadly one none the less." Ozpin told him,"Now you said you could use magic. Can you please show me?"

Acnologia wordlessly moved his right hand out from his cloak and used some of his magic to cause it to glow a light blue. Causing all the girls to look on in awe at its magic glow. Ozpin's eyes widen in surprise but quickly returned to normal. "You weren't lying. That is no semblance." Much to the girls dismay, his hand stopped glowing and returned to beneath his cloak.

Acnologia saw his expression change when he showed Ozpin his magic. He took a deep sniff of the air, primarily searching out of the mans smell. Once he identified it, he concentrated on it. It smelt similar to the girls smell in the fact that he know knew about aura. But unlike them he had a magical scent to him. It was faint, but it was there. Acnologia remained silent however. He did not care what secrets he may have been hiding as long as he gave him the medical aid he was promised. This was further enforced when a sudden jerk brought his sickness back to the front of his mind and he held his hand over his mouth, leaning forward with a groan.

After a few more less personal questions, some of which went unanswered as they all arrived at their school, Beacon.

Acnologia stood up, careful of his ribs and other injuries, before looking outside. His eyes widen as he finally gazed up the metal and stone fortress. It alone was one of the biggest buildings he had ever seen in his long life.

"Impressive is it not?" Ozpin asked him. "Unexpected." Acnologia corrected. The flying machine, or bullhead as Ruby called it, landed on an open level of the school. Acnologia stumbled as he stood up, but his hundreds of years as a dragon slayer boosted his recovery over motion sickness.