The storms and shields

Zacznij od początku

He smiled staring at the skyscrapers around.

"Delusions are just a veil over reality, miss Veronica, you must be a fool to believe that I will let this world know of my true net worth"

Her eyes widened for a bit second and Ashton smirked.

"Lockwood enterprises is not enough to bring me down, you live in a delusion if you think this is the only thing I managed to make in all these years."

She could no longer control her anger.
Her hand moved on the metal tucked on her waist and she stood up abruptly.

"Ah hun miss Veronica, I wouldn't do that If I were you.
There are CCTV cameras around and my men are just behind yours"

Her hand dropped down and she moved closer to him.

"If you don't sign these papers, trust me ... this is going to get personal"

"It got personal the day you made an innocent kid see a murder miss Veronica."

She threw her next card, which is the actual reason why she wants to ruin this man.

"Oh come on Lockwood, if not for you .. at least for your wife you can sign this.
Elle... that's her name, right?
I wonder if she can love a man who killed her real mother"

His face turned stone cold as he stared at her with anger.

"Bring her into this and you will see why Ashton Lockwood is known as a beast.
I may be weak but remember a bruised lion is the most dangerous of all!"

She smirked knowing she had found his weakness.

"This city runs at my fingers Ashton Lockwood, I don't just control them but own them.
You are mistaken if you think you can defeat me"

"I am only protecting my territory, defeating anyone has never been my intentions.
But if to protect them I have to turn my hands dirty, then some blood on my hands will only give me that missing thrill to kill."

Her stare hardened as she crumbled the contract papers in her hand.

"You are doing a mistake.
Just sign these papers, amalgamate Lockwood industries with WV chemicals and we can have a new beginning"

"I don't do business with likes of you miss Veronica, Ashton Lockwood can beg on streets but not sell drugs to innocents!"

With a last warning look in her eyes, the storm was gone leaving behind silence.

Ashton sank back into his seat lost in thoughts.

She has threatened to inform his wife if he refused to sign this deal.
She has threatened him of his company and everything dear to him.

But no matter what, he can't agree to join WV chemicals.
He will destroy his own life but will never destroy the life of an innocent with the addiction of drugs.

He was defeated and there was nothing he could do.
Unknown to him, till she was with him, he had everything.
.................................................

25 years ago..........

An old man sat at his office seat staring at the papers in his hand.
His hands were shivering as he read the words he asked his lawyer to write in his will.

"I Arnold Knight hereby declare this to be my final will and I revoke any and all wills and codicils I previously made.

I hereby give all my estates, tangible personal properties and assets to my second born daughter Anna Knight.
If she does not survive me, I give it all to her firstborn child when the child attains the age of 24.