t h i r t y - f i v e

Start from the beginning

They pull into the courtyard of the pack, their car entering, and behind another car which Jayden was in. They didn't bring any security, as a peace agreement was held, a call of being neutral. So they were safe, as such agreements were piously held, regardless of the circumstances.

As Adah and Micajah step out, Jayden comes to them instantly with a greeting. The monarch pair nod, and the King holds his Luna a little closer, eyes landing on front of the packhouse, where the Alpha and most pack members that were single lived. It was the standard packhouse, with nothing special.

Alpha Tyler wasn't a mated male. His mother died when he was young, and he lived for the most part with his father and his twin sister. He stood with his sister at the front. Both had tall forms, with light hair tinted with red. His father was nowhere to be seen.

Alpha Tyler's features were narrowed, sceptical. The wolf in him had the urge to submit to these powerful wolves that he had invited, and it was taking every inch of him to fight it. He wasn't going with nature. His sister stands besides him, her features expressionless. Adah suspected, like many of these wolves thrown into this mess, she didn't have a particular agenda against the monarch, rather just following her rulers.

"Alpha Tyler," the King speaks first, tone dry and stripped of aggressive emotion, the wolf in him keeping in check.

"My King. My Queen. A pleasure to have you both here," the tone in his voice suggests anything but.

"You must have had a long journey. I have had some rooms set up for you, and we can share breakfast tomorrow morning. Anything that needs to be discussed, can be done so afterwards. Is that alright, my King?" directly asking Micajah.

"Yes, that is perfect. Thank you Alpha Tyler," it's Adah who speaks though, surprising the young male, dark eyes narrowed into slits. She couldn't quite get a grasp on what this male stood for, who he truly was.

She watches carefully as Alpha Tyler converses with his pack members. He seemed as exhausted as the monarch, if not more. It was difficult to explain. The interactions he had, weren't genuine. The wolf in him was far away, and not unified with him. Alpha Tyler had to work hard to rule this pack, she saw that. But his wolf wasn't with him the way that it should be. It was weird, but it's something that Adah latched to.

It didn't seem if he cared, the only time something genuine occurred with him, when his wolf agreed with all his heart, was when he talked to his sister. She could tell her loved and cared about his twin deeply.

A man appears after a while, much older than the twins, but sharing the same red hair. It must've been their father, one of the members in the Elder Council. He refuses to look at either Adah or Micajah, and Micajah's chest rumbles with the disrespect, causing the normal pack members to fearfully shrink into themselves. Adah watches Tyler with his father, watching Tyler becoming more robotic, the wolf in him almost hiding now.

Tyler's father had brute strength, she could see that. He was intimidating and scary, and clearly very dominating. But Tyler was his son, why was his wolf like this?

It didn't sit with her right.

As Adah watches them, watching the Elder Council member retreat away, Micajah watches Adah, wondering what's she's picked up, her dark perceptive eyes always seeing things that he couldn't. He just saw people he almost hated, people who were ruining everything.

Before he can murmur anything to her, another car enters the courtyard.

Adah's wolf leaps up, instantly recognising the presence of her beta. All three of the monarch's face turn, features ridden with glee. Not one of them saw Uriah since war broke out. He slings out of the car, face ridden with mischievousness and eyes twinkling. His curls were gone – he had opted for the military cut, to not worry about them. He was still the good natured male as he always was, and Adah felt happy.

"Miss me assholes?" he winkswith a grin, and Micajah rolls his eyes.

Uriah leaps onto Jayden first, pulling him in close, muttering words only for him. He missed the gamma – they were like brothers.

"You good ma?" he says with a smile, and Adah grins, wrapping her arms around him. He pulls Micajah into a bro hug.

"Alright, what we are dealing with?" his voice is low, only for them three to hear.

His features turn to the packhouse, hands rubbing each other. His words falter, his form slacking, and features becoming agape. His wolf shifts stance, and everyone knows of such a reaction. It's the reaction of when the soul finds its other half, when the soul can finally become complete. He's found his other half. His eyes are latched onto something. Not something, someone. A red headed female. Alpha Tyler's sister.

The Alpha has realised, as the female herself. Her features mirror Uriah's. Almost in awe and surprise, eyes wide and features agape. Her wolf is already calling out for him. It doesn't take a genius to know that Tyler isn't happy, and with one harsh tug, he pulls his sister into the packhouse, far away from the royal beta.

"Is that her? Your mate?" Jayden asks, voice quiet. They all knew the answer.

"Yeah. Who is she?" Uriah's voice falters, almost breathy through the shock. His heart beats first, and it's now like he can see the world in a clearer light.

"She's Alpha Tyler's sister. Her name is Lena," Micajah murmurs, and Uriah swallows.

"She's mine," is all he mumbles. 

A/N - thoughts?