Chapter 9

Kuroh had been having a mental war with himself for the past few days. After throwing himself into the arms of the twins and sobbing into them, he couldn't act as though nothing had happened. He was embarrassed. What did the twins think of him now?

He didn't particularly care about what just the twins thought, but rather of what everyone thought of him. He was self conscious. Extremely. Was he an oversensitive brat to the Hitachiins now? A crybaby? He most definitely did not want to come across as clingy either after the way he held onto them.

On another note, he felt thankful. The experience from the other day had been one of the worst relapses he had in a long time, yet had the only decent end compared to his others. What made all the difference was the fact that the twins were there for him. Had they not checked up on him, he would have done what he always did whenever he had a relapse: suck it up and deal with his pain alone. Kuroh would be lying if he said he didn't like the twins just a tad, despite their devilish acts.

In the midst of Kuroh unintentionally avoiding the twins, both physically and in gaze, the twins had been doing quite a bit of wondering themselves. What had bothered Kuroh so much the other day? The doctor hadn't even started the exam, yet the boy was shaking in fear. First he requested a separate room for a simple exam then broke down the way he did? The usually unbothered, stoic boy had shown the twins a side they never thought they'd see.

Moving to what was currently happening, the odds were not in Kuroh's favor. He had gotten partnered with the twins for the host activities for the day. Kyoya had noticed some 'tension' between the twins and Kuroh and decided to force them together, making Kuroh nearly throw himself out the window.

Which brings us to where we are now. The hosts were all dressed in yukatas designed by the Hitachiin family as they partook in the club activities. The twins sat in matching blue yukatas on each side of Kuroh while the white haired boy sat in the middle, hair tied in a little ponytail with a white and pastel blue yukata covering his own body.

As the first set of guests got settled down in front of the three hosts, the twins took a glance at the boy sat between them. Kuroh was stiff, sitting formally as his shoulders were tensed. His note pad was set on his lap as his thoughts seemed to be elsewhere. Kuroh was snapped out of his daze when he felt Hikaru and Kaoru's arms snake around his waist as their hands lightly grasped each side, the white haired boy wanting to squirm from the ticklish feeling.

Beginning their 'act', Hikaru spoke, "What is there to be so distracted by,"

"When we're right in front of you?" Kaoru finished, moving his hand to lift up and turn Kuroh's chin towards Kaoru.

The girls' eyes widened as they quietly watched, interests peaked. Trying to go with the 'act', Kuroh's thoughts moved at Mach speed as he tried to stop his flustered feelings from distracting his thinking. Kuroh fumbled as he wrote on his notepad, without looking since his head was being held by one of the gingers, and held it out hoping it was legible. The girls could just barely see it as the twins moved their gaze to the paper.

'I'm sorry. I hadn't noticed you two were deprived of my attention <3'

The twins were shocked for a moment at the little heart at the end, glancing at each other before deciding to come back strong. Fight fire with fire. Their eyes narrowed at they shortened the distance between their faces towards Kuroh. The white haired boy felt himself shrink back at the seemingly blazing eyes staring straight into him.

"I guess it is only fair to give back," Kaoru started as Hikaru followed with, "So... which of us would you like?" The two then gave endearing looks at Kuroh as suddenly, the three had the attention of everyone in the room.

Kuroh tilted his head in a cute manner as he quickly wrote his response, one that he would greatly regret in a few moments.

'Can I not have both?'

The girls squealed as the twins chuckled at the response. Kuroh's eyes widened mere seconds after the reactions, realizing the implications behind what he wrote. His cheeks turned rosy as his left eye began fading into a light blue, moving his gaze to anywhere but the twins.

Hikaru started, "My my... we didn't know"

"That you were so," Kaoru continued.

"Needy" the two finished.

Their lips were a centimeter from each of Kuroh's ears as a shiver went down his spine. Suddenly, every girl in the room was screaming (except Haruhi) at the scene that had unfolded. Kyoya simply pushed up his glasses with a smirk as the other hosts' jaws dropped at how well the three were able to host together for the first time.

Club activities ended after a few more sessions, the twins quite satisfied with the interactions they witnessed with Kuroh as Kuroh once again found the window looking quite attractive and tackle-able. Needing a breather, Kuroh had made himself a pot of his Bergamot Earl Grey tea as he stood with the hosts. As Tamaki continued his 'subtle' pursuits on Haruhi, they were interrupted as a new face peeked from behind the large doors.

Taking a sip from his beverage, Kuroh nearly dropped the cup when he heard a female voice start yelling, calling Tamaki a phony prince and so on. Just when he thought nothing else would surprise him, he spat his tea out when the girl screamed about Kyoya being her fiancée and Prince Charming.  Everyone stared in shock and Kyoya simply sighed.

It was going to be noisy for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the late update. It was a little shorter than I would have liked but I couldn't find the right place to end it. Just finished all my testing so hopefully I'll get back on track. Hope you all enjoyed- Comment, votes and feedback are greatly appreciated <3