Here's To Never Forgetting 2

"Hey, alright so, the wheel on this barrel fell off the other day so we're gonna need to fix that and then we have to fix one of the gates because Lily, she's a horse, keeps breaking it. And I can't think of what else but there is more." He was saying but I barely registered this. This boy was FINE. He wasn't like hugely buff though, it was more like just a little to make sure he was good at working on the farm and he didn't even have a farmers tan! Well he must be shirtless more often than I've seen so far.

"Okay." I nodded before walking over and listening to him explain where everything is.

We finished with everything around four thirty. I felt over worked, over tired and overly starving. As we walked back towards the house, my stomach let lose a huge growl.

"Well someone's hungry." Finn laughed and smiled down at me. I have to admit, I was kind of sad when we had to head back in and Finn put his shirt on. It wasn't that I was attracted to him; it was more, he was really nice to look at.

I gave him look saying that if you make fun of my I'm gonna break a wheel barrel on your head, he avoided eye contact for the moment. "So when is dinner?" I asked.

"Around seven," interest my stomach growling again, "But you might want to grab something small right now." He smiled, looking ahead.

"You got that right." We had reached the gate and he opened it for me. When we got to the kitchen he disappeared while I searched though the pantry, finally deciding on a granola bar. I headed to my room and ate in piece before digging through my bags for another sports bra, a tank, some sweat shorts and my bathroom bag before heading across the hall to the downstairs full bath.

Got out my shampoo, conditioner, body and face wash, setting them along the rim of the bath then pulled out a little purple plastic cup and putting it next the sink to hold my tooth brush and tooth paste. I started the shower water and waited for it to warm up before hopping in. I let the hot water relax my hard working muscles and used my body wash to get all the grim off my body, making me smell like lemons; I'm kind of obsessed with lemons. I had lemon shampoo, lemon body wash, lemon face wash, lemon deodorant, lemon chap stick; you name it, I got it.

When I finished showering I realized that I forgot something; a towel. I debated if I should just say here until I naturally dry before putting my fresh clothes on or just seeing if someone was here that would bring me one. It was as if an angel was listening in on my thoughts and there was a knock on the door, "Hey, my mom wants to know how you like your burgers?" I heard Finn sat through the door.

I cracked the door open just a little and poked my head out, "Medium to well done and could you do me a really, like HUGE favor, please?" I asked.

"Sure." He said.

"Get me a towel."

He chuckled as he walked away. I closed the door and waited for him to return, about a minute later there was another knock and I only stuck my hand out this time, "Thank you so much." I said as I pulled the towel around me.

"No problem, though if you ever need a towel, they're in the closet under the stairs." I heard him walk away, down the hall. I made sure the towel was secure before brushing my teeth. I then towel dried myself and my hair before putting my fresh clothes on, my favorite gray sweat shorts and an old worn out black tank top. I gathered my dirty clothes and headed back to my room, throwing them into a corner and myself onto my bed.

Someone shook my shoulder softly, "Why is it that I'm always waking you up?" Finn said as I opened my eyes.

"Why is it that you actually wake me up?" I retorted.

"Because dinner is ready and if you don't eat my mother's food she will be offended." He told me.

I nodded my head, he held out his overly large hands to me, I set my small ones in his and he hoisted me off the bed effortlessly. I followed him out onto the back patio where Lisa was sitting, the whole table was full of food; burgers, hot dogs, several different kinds of chips and homemade dip, I even had the option of having wheat or white buns. I have never seen something look this good to me. It may have been the fact that I got the workout of my life today or that my stomach was empty but I felt like I was in heaven.

I picked up a wheat bun and put the biggest cheese burger onto it before adding lettuce, mustard and tomato. I poured out a heaping helping of lays chips and then dished out some on the onion dip that was sitting out. I looked down at my food for a second, debating what I should try first; I choose the cheese burger since it looks a lot better than chips. I took a bit and my mouth water at the flavor. This was the best damn burger of my life.

"Thanks for dinner, Lisa." I said between bites.

"It's my pleasure; you seem to be enjoying it." She smiled at me.

I nodded my head up and down since I had food in my mouth. She smiled at me, her smile caused dimples to appear on her checks and reached all the way up to her eyes. I smiled a closed mouth smile back.

Sooner or later I knew night would come and it was a simple fact that at the end of the day that the sun would go down and the moon would appear, causing darkness to sweep across the area. It was what I dreaded most; knowing that as soon as I closed my eyes images I never wanted to see would be seen. It was around nine when Lisa had said good night and headed off upstairs. Finn followed about a half an hour later and I made my way to my room around ten.

I laid in a semi sleep until I heard a floor board creak and jerked up into a sitting position, my hands lying at my sides. Everything was silent until I heard another creak but this time it sounded closer, as if something was coming down the stairs. After that I heard nothing. I shook it off before laying back down and dozing off, letting unavoidable images play over and over again.

I was jerked awake again, I don't know why though, I sat up, more slowly this time and looked around. I saw a dark figure pass by my windows, my eyes widening. I quietly got out of my bed and went to my purse, grabbing my pepper spray and keys, holding onto them tightly so they would make a sound. The back door creaked open as did mine. I tip toed down the hall and peeked around the corner and saw someone digging through the fridge. I leaned closer, trying to see who it was when a floor board creaked and I froze, he figures muscles tensed up before he quickly wiped around, before I knew it I was spraying my pepper spray. He yelped before jumping back, right by the window he stood, rubbing his eyes. The moon light showed me that the so called intruder was Finn.

"Oh god, what is in my eyes?" He whispered.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry. I thought you were a serial killer." I rushed over to the sink and grabbed a paper towel before soaking it in cold water; I removed his hand from his face before placing the cool towel on his watering eyes. He let out a sigh, showing that the made it feel so much better. I slowly lead him over to the couch and had him sit down.

I knew pepper spray temporarily blinded you so, I sat and waited for about ten minutes before Finn finally removed the towel from his red rimmed eyes.

He looked and me and despite what happened he started laughing, I fully throated muted laugh and I smiled at him before silently joining in. after several minutes of silent laughing I caught my breath and looked at the clock which said it was three thirty in the morning. I turned and looked at Finn, "Did I just catch you doing the walk of shame?"