Eighteen (Final)

Charlie looked up to see Josie's cousin standing there looking at him confused. Charlie didn't know how to react, he just stood and stared. This was not the person he expected to see or wanted to see right now.

"What are you doing here?" Hunt stared at him confused.

"I had to see her, just one more time and if she chose to still leave, then I'd leave it at that but I had to try at least once more" Charlie was wrecked and his face showed it.

"You hurt her, she's not some toy you play with when it's convenient. She's my cousin and ill do whatever it takes to protect her. So give me a better reason than 'I had to see her' cos I think you can do better than that"

"I need her okay. I didn't know what it felt like to want and need somebody until I met her"

"You have some nerve showing up here after doing what you did to her. I didn't see her for a whole week. No call, no message. If her Mum found out that she was missing while under my care, I might as well have planned own funeral because there was no way I was gonna end up alive, now give me a reason why I shouldn't punch your teeth in right now bro"

"I love her man. I've never said those words to any girl in my life. I cant sleep, I cant eat without her. I need her more than life itself. My world has changed since she's been in it. I messed up, I know I did but I needed one chance to set things right with her. To at least hear my apology. If I had to follow her to Brisbane then so be it but I need her man. And now she's gone" he was defeated and deflated. 

"I can see that you really do care for her. Its never too late bro" Charlie looked up and Hunt gestured to look behind him. When Charlie turned around, there she was standing there.

"But, I just saw-" Charlie was so confused, so out of breathe and couldn't believe she was standing in front of him.

"Louisa called" they walked towards each other.

"I'll give you two some space. I'll see you back at the house" and walked away. Once her cousin was out of sight, Charlie grabbed Josie and wrapped his arms around her.

"How long have you been standing here?" he asked.

"Long enough" she fiddled with the latch on her back.

"I missed you" he said in her hair.

"Yeah I missed you too" she hugged him back. People walking past them but they didn't care who was around. Charlie looked deep into her eyes and she mirrored exactly what he was feeling- love. If fireworks could go off right now, they would have. Josie smiled up at him, she went to go say something but he shook his head.

"Wait, I need to say this before you say anything." She nodded at him. "I'm so sorry. I should never have done what I did. I was a complete jerk and an asshole and you gave me one chance and I effed it up. You mean more to me than any girl i've ever slept with combined."

"But you need that. You're a guy and a guy has needs"

"But I need you more."

"I'm not like those other girls. I wont give in to your sexual needs or desires like you'd want me to" she looked up at him and those green eyes he fell in love with the second he saw her, was right here in front of him.

"I need you. All I want and all I'll ever need is you Josie. If it means waiting then ill wait for as long as you want me to. You mean more to me than just some temporary satisfaction. I want you and only you" he was pouring his heart out to her right here in the middle of the airport. 

"Yeah?" she smiled lightly.

"Yeah. You and your crazy ass" he laughed.

"Ruined it" she rolled her eyes and laughed.

"I couldn't live without you. In the two weeks you've come through, I knew from the start that id want you around. I knew from the beginning that this, us, is what I wanted, its what I needed. I don't need to go looking around anymore, its just you"

"Are you sure you wont get bored with me especially when im making you wait?"

"I'm sure" he looked into the green eyes he loved so much and it reminded him of the first night they met and he could remember that they were the most beautiful eyes he'd ever laid eyes on. He looked at her lips and the way she bites the corner and how he wants to just stop her from biting them. He leaned in and placed his forehead on hers and breathed in her scent. How he missed her smell. The way her hair smelt like toffee apple; the way her skin felt so smooth and soft. No girl in the world could make him feel the way she does. If he could stay like this with her forever, he was going to die a happy man. 

He thought of the boys and how eventually this would be them also. He loved his boys, they've been brothers day in and day out. They rocked for each other through whatever but this right here, with Josie, mattered more. This was the life he wanted. 

"Don't ever do that to me again" she whispered. "As long as you're gonna try, I'm gonna try too" those words ring in his ear and he smiled a full teeth smile. People were walking all around them and they didn't care. They stood holding onto each other.

"I'm curious, what did Louisa say?" he asked her. 

"She said you were on your way here"

"Your room mate told me when I stopped over to see you"

"He was home?" she swore he left for work. 

"Yeah, he was home. And I'm glad he was otherwise, I wouldn't be here right now"

"I'm glad you're here" she admitted. "I was so mad at you but I missed you, I wanted to talk to you. When you called that one night, I just froze. I didn't expect you to call and I freaked out. I'm sorry I hung up on you"

"I was at the lookout trying to figure out how to find you and Reuben called your work and got your number, which I already had but you blocked and Reuben let me use his phone" he looked at her properly. "I'm sorry I hurt you. I didn't mean to. When Bree said she caught you kissing your room mate, I just-

"Wait, what?" Josie looked at him. "Kissing Rome? Um gross"

"I realised it wasn't you in the picture she showed me and I felt like an ass and I was already on edge not hearing from you"

"She called me telling me that you wanted her and needed to be satisfied and whatever and I didn't want to ruin your lunch with Mum with my drama so I went to church and then caught up with Louisa after it and-"

"You need to stop hanging out with my sister without me. I feel like she sees you more than I do" he laughed a little. "Why didn't you let her tell me about you leaving?"

"Because I know you would've tried to stop me plus I wasn't really ready to face you just yet"

"I get it" he hugged her tighter before placing his hand under chin and lifting it towards his. Time stood still for them and he was grateful that God had allowed this to happen for him. 

"As I stand here before my woman" he sang to only her. "I cant fight back the tears in my eyes." He wiped a tear from her cheek. "Oh how could I be so lucky" she smiled up at him again. "I must have done something right" he placed his hand on her cheek. "And I promise to love her for the rest of my life..." he finished singing and kissed her. And nothing in this world was going to ever make him think otherwise.