Part68.

"Manik" Nandini came running to my arms as soon as I entered the house.

"Hey baby" I said to her hugging her back.

"Anu kahan hai?!" She asked, crying.

"Cabir ke ghar, don't worry" I told her.

I saw Amma and Appa sitting quietly on the sofa.

"Appa,I can help with the money" I told him sitting on my knees to reach his level.

"Haa taki pura samaaj yeh baatein kare ki jamai se paise liye humne" Amms who was their said.

I hate this women so much.
Why was she even here.

"Samaaj ke baare mein abhi sochne ki zarurat nahi hai Appa" I told him.

"Amma, please let me help you guys" I said to Nandini's Mom getting no response from her father.

"No beta, we've screwed up, We'll bear the consequences" She said to me.

"Amma,business mein yeh losses hote rehte hai" I told her as she looked really broke.

"Agar tumne tumhare biwi ko thoda apne khud ke office mein time dene diya hota,toh shayad aaj humara office bach jata" Appa said to me.

As soon as this fell on my ears,my world came down.

Nandini's behaviour since I came here now made sense.
She was being blamed for this.

Seriously.
What's up with her father and Amms.
Will this two ever change.

I looked at Nandini who was already believing the allegations that were placed on her.

I then looked at Amma to see if she also believed that.

She nodded in a no looking at me.

"Dusro ka business badhane mein apne baad ko dubwa diya" Amms added and Appa seemed to agree.

"Dusro ka business nahi hai woh,mere pati ka business hai" Nandini roared.

I know what was happening here.
Ohh god.

"Aaplog har chiz mein kyun meri galti nikalte ho?!" Nandini screamed with tears in her eyes.

I walked up to her and held her from side.

"Nandini neh usse jitna ho sake utna kiya hi hai" I said.

"Bich bich mein aap jo 20-25 lacs ke loss karte rehte the Appa,woh Nandini hi bear karti thi" I told him and Nandini looked shocked.

She obviously didn't want her father to be insulted in front of people.

But I was in the business,we had some common clients and the news used to come to me.

Nandini looked down in guilt.

"Abhi yeh blame game khelne se acha hai ki jo huaa hai uska solution laaye" I told them and they kept quiet.

"They're saying they want to declare bankruptcy so that everything on Amma's name will be saved, Manik kitne garibo keh paise doob jayenge" Nandini told me.

So they weren't even planning to pay the money back.

"Itne curse milenge hume Dad" Nandini said to her Dad.

"Kuch nahi toh Anayra ka toh sochiye,uske future ka-ki uske nanu yeh karenge" Amma said to them.

Don't you say anything against my child, oldie.
Don't you dar--

"Uske aane ke baad hi panauti lagi hai" Before I could even complete thinking he said it.

"Mr.Murthy" I roared.

I didn't even feel the need to call him Appa anymore.

I went towards him.

"Aapki umar ka lihaaz kar raha huh,meri beti keh khilaaf kuch nahi sununga mein" I screamed.

"I understand you're frustrated,but it is your fault that you're in this situation.
If you want your business to work you've to work hard. You can't sit at home almost everyday and just work when you want to.
I've heard your stories of how unprofessional you are.
Don't make me open my mouth" I said and didn't really elaborate anything.

Because unfortunately,
He was my father in law.
This information that I bestowed them with seemed new even to Amma.
She looked at her husband shocked.

"Nandini tum court mein jao,aur jo sunvayi honi hai usme sirf presence mark karvake aa jao" His father shamelessly still told her.

"Loss aapki wajah seh huye hai,
Consequences bhi aap hi bear kare toh thik rahega" I told him.

Nandini's silence was scaring me.
But I knew that even she was not in a very good place with that toxic man.

But he was her father at the end of the day.
You can't just hate your father completely.
There is a part of you that'll Always love them.

I took Nandini's hand and walked towards Amma.

I bent down along and so did she seeing me,to take her blessings.

"Aap Manglore chale jaiye" I said to her. Because it really wasn't safe here. "Aap dono bhi chale jana yahan peh sab kuch samait ke,aur ho sake toh wahan kuch dhang ka kar lena" I told Appa and Amms.

Nandini went and took blessings of her father as well while I didn't bent down and didn't even leave Nandini's hand.

"I will give money to poor people who've lost money,Charity samajh ke de dunga..Anayra ke naam se" I told him and joined my hands.

I took Nandini's hand and walked towards the door.
I know both of us going out together would be wrong.
But I couldn't leave her alone in this state of mind.

As soon as we opened the door,I saw at least a 100 policemen gaurding the house.

I stood behind Nandini wrapping my hands around her.

"Manik this is not safe, one of you go inside" The PI said to me.

I nodded in a no.

"I can protect my wife" I told him as I wrapped my arms around her protecting her from the pushes of the crowd.

People were saying all sorts of shit.
I was used to the crowd and the questions and all,so I was also used to ignoring those shitty things spoken by them.

But Nandini wasn't.
And I knew it was affecting her as she mumbled sorrys to everyone who said something about money.

"Shut up" I whispered angrily as she apologized for things she wasn't responsible for.

One inspector trying to protect us mistakenly hit Nandini's head.
No even hit,just touched and my lovely driver Suresh jumped on him seeing someone attacking his Memsaab.

"It's okay, Suresh" I tried holding him.

"Suresh" Nandini also tried to stop him but it all went in vain.

We finally reached the car and I made Nandini sit opening the door.

And we were off to Cabir's house because Anayra was there.

I looked at Nandini looking at the crowd.
She was sorry for the things she hadn't done and her father wasn't sorry for a thing he did.

I couldn't believe it was the same blood they shared.

Suddenly the window of my car broke as a stone hit Nandini's head.

"Nandini" I screamed.
I saw the crowd picking up stones.

I decided to go out this time.
I've had enough.
____________________________________

Guys,
Ready to see Manik Malhotra in action!!!!!!!!!😍❤️