Part41

"If anyone loves you with all the power of their soul for a whole life time,
They still can't love you as much as I do in a single day"

____________________________

Nandini went to her home and realized that it was her birthday tomorrow but nobody had any idea

Maybe because of the accident and then the whole divorce thing happened..

It had been so hectic off late..
She understood that it might have slipped everyone's mind because even she didn't realize it.

It was almost 12pm in the midnight,
Manik had informed her that he'll be late.

She felt thirsty and went down to the kitchen..

"Kaka,
Lights kyun off hai saari" Nandini said as even the night lights were off.

She went to the kitchen,had water and was coming back when she suddenly felt two hands wrapping around her waist from the back.

_________________________

I realized it was Nandini's birthday tomorrow dopahar ko,
I hated myself for forgetting it.

It was her first birthday with me,
It had to be special anyhow.

I planned everything and decided to go home at exactly 12pm and surprise her..

I left from the office and when I reached home,
I instructed kaka to switch off all the lights.

I saw her going to the kitchen and went behind her and wrapped my hands around her from the back.

_________________________

"Happy birthday special one" came a voice and it didn't take a second for me to guess that it was Manik.

He remembers.

I turned around and hugged him very tightly.

"I love you" I said,thank you wasn't needed.

"I love you too baby" Manik said.

I knew that if he remembers my birthday he most definitely would've planned something.

"Come on now
Let's go and sleep,
It's late" He said.

Whatttt..
No surprises..

Manik said and went out saying I'll switch on the lights..

He might not have any gotten time to plan anything,
That's fine.
As long as he's with me,
I don't need anything else.

I took the water bottle and went to the living room and saw the lights still of.

"Manik lights on kijiye na" I said loudly because I couldn't see him.

Shayad room mein gaye honge,
Thak gaye hai na.
I thought and went to the room.

I entered the room only to be enthralled by the decorations.

"Happy birthday to the best thing ever happened to me" Manik said coming in the room

I was overwhelmed beyond words.
Tears brimmed in my eyes as I fell in love with this man all over again.

What did I ever do to deserve him.

"Abhi aur bhi surprises hai,Aasu bacha ke rakho" He said chuckling.

I smiled at his comments wiping my tears.

He came beside me and took me in a side hug walking me towards the balcony.

"Kahan leja rhe ho aap mujhe Manik"I asked and he didn't reply.

He took me to the balcony which has the view of our garden.

And what I saw made me speechless.

It was both our families and friends holding "happy birthday" posters and some with my pictures on it.

As soon as I reached there,
All of them shouted "Happy birthday" and Thank you is such a small word for that.

I just couldn't stop smiling through tears.

___________________________

I saw her smiling,
A real actual smile and I knew I succeeded in my plan.

I only know how I longed to see this smile all these days.

And it that moment,
I knew I was going to protect this smile from all the frowns.

She looked at me and I knew she was at loss of words.
She just came and side hugged me still looking at everyone down there.

I gestured them to come to the living room and took Nandini to living room as well.

We had also planned a cake cutting session because what is a birthday without cake.

I didn't get the time to order the cake so I left the job on cabir and I hope that idiot did it right.

Nandini hugged everyone one by one and soon kaka came with the cake.

"So pretty" Nandini said looking at the cake and cabir literally came running towards her pushing everyone aside

"Yaa yaa I ordered it Nandini" He said making everyone laugh.

Once an idiot,
Always an idiot.

"Yaa ohkayy cabir if you're over it can we please cut the cake" I said taking him in a side hug.

We lit the candles.

"Waise toh you have me but phir bhi tumhe kuch aur chaiye toh wish maanglo" I said and everyone laughed.

Nandini closed her eyes and wished and blew the candles.

She cut the cake and came towards me to first feed me the cake to which I backed of and let her parents come ahead.

She smiled at me and ahh!
Damn.
That damned smile.

____________________________

I'm back after ages❤️
I missed you all so much!✨

This is my most loved story and I think it deserves alotttt more updates rather than it be completed as it is!🎀

Enjoy reading,
Diya🎀