Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Meanwhile, back at a rather noisy hotel room, Lyla was on a rant.

“I can’t believe her! She is so thick in the head, why can’t she just accept things and move on?” Lyla asked rhetorically slamming the hairbrush down.

Lyra went next to her sister facing the mirror. “Lyla, relax. I don’t think she is completely thick in the head.” Lyla shook her head. “So, she can be thick, but I don’t think you or any of the boys need to play matchmaker. Liam has Danielle and Cassie has Jessie, although no one likes him but Cassie, Cassie’s opinion matters more than anyone of her family or friends combined.” Lyra then walked over to the door but waited on Lyla to join her. “Let’s go eat.” She said. Lyla followed her younger, yet seemingly wiser sister.

“You know I can’t help but meddle though.” Lyla said.

“I know, but how about you just get them on speaking terms right now, and then if you still feel they are ‘each other’s soul mates’ then you can play matchmaker but I recommend doing it discreetly.” Lyra said.

The girls went on the elevator and made their way to the dining area only resuming the previous conversation. After getting their food, the sisters were about to sit down when Lyla noticed four familiar guys. Lyla got her sisters attention and pointed her head in their direction, Lyra nodded and they headed their way.

“Hey boys.” Lyla greeted.

Harry showed his face first. “Mornin’ beautiful, how are you this fine morning?” He asked with a flirty expression. 

“Well, Harry, if you must ask, my sister is doing wonderfully. She even cooked up a brilliant plan that is destined to fail.” Lyra interrupted. 

“And what plan is that, might I ask?” He asked still smiling flirtatiously at Lyla.  

“Why do you want to know?” She asked.

“Who said I did, I was just curious.”

“Sure you were.” She muttered taking a bite of her scrambled eggs.

Finishing a piece of toast, Lyra informed Harry. “She’s trying to set up Liam and Cassie. Even though it will never work, she’s determined. I tried to tell her just get them on speaking terms. But no, she never listens to me because I’m the younger sister who apparently knows nothing and should keep my head out of her business.” 

Harry instantly burst out laughing as well as Louis since they were the only ones remaining as Niall and Zayn went to get more food. “Lyla, darling, last night you were in the same room with them as I was, surely you can tell they don’t get along.”

“Harry, dear.” She stated with false flirtations. “I am well aware of last night’s events. But you, my curly haired, dimpled not much of a friend, are not aware of what happened over the summer at Wolverhampton. Therefore, I believe I know what I’m doing and know what I’m talking about when I say Liam and Cassie have chemistry.” 

Niall and Zayn just sat down as Lyla finished the last sentence. Niall, with his mouth full, asked. “How’s they got chemistry?” 

“Niall, do you ever swallow your food before you say anything?” She asked. 

 Zayn started chuckling. “That’s like asking if a fish breathes underwater.”

The lads and Lyra laughed at Zayn’s comment while Lyla just rolled her eyes and scoffed. “But anyways back to your question, Niall, I know they have chemistry from listening to Cassie talking about him and from watching their interactions with one another.”