Chapter 13

Chapter 13

It has been about three weeks since Cassie’s meeting with Caroline and a hectic one it’s been at that. Cassie bought her first flat in London about ten to fifteen minutes’ walk from where she’ll be working with Caroline. She has been busy packing her things and buying things for her flat. Lyla and her mum have been a great help to Cassie. When she broke the news to Jesse however, things have been somewhat difficult. He didn’t want her to leave so soon but when he realized that she would be leaving anyways, he became a bit clingy. Cassie honestly expected this but she could see where he’s coming from. So for her last few days in Birmingham, she showed him that she would not change her feelings for him, meaning doing the things he loves the most. 

Cassie called the taxi from Birmingham to London for the last time. She had few of her last bags with her along with her sketchbook she could never part with.

Lyla, Lyra, Mr Johnson, her mum and Jesse were there to say their final goodbyes. 

“Okay Cass you have to promise to video chat every week ok? As well as calls and message? Yea, okay? And email me about your success, yea.” Lyla said as she squished Cassie in death grip hug. 

Lyra was next, she had gotten taller recently, almost as tall as Cassie, though that isn’t saying much since she wasn’t the tallest person in the world. “Cassie be safe and please keep in touch. Whenever you start meeting famous people please keep me in mind.” Mr Johnson cleared his voice. “Well us really, just the small people” She exaggerated. 

Mr Johnson shook his head and sighed. “We’ll miss ya Cassie, I don’t have you to look after my girls anymore.”

Cassie smiled. “Well Mr Johnson, they don’t really need me to anymore.”

Jesse was next and, if possible, gave her a hug tighter than what Lyla gave her. “Promise you won’t meet some famous bloke and forget me?” He asked. 

Cassie looked into his eyes. “I could never forget someone as amazing as you.” And she gave him a long, passionate kiss so passionate she was almost embarrassed to do it with an audience. When she pulled back she blushed. 

Her mother pulled her into a hug next. “I know you’re becoming a woman and all, going out on your own and that was just one example.” Cassie blushed again, resting her arm on Jesse’s waist and head on his shoulder. “I’ll miss ya kid, it’ll be awfully lonely without you here.”

The taxi driver honked the horn. “I best be going. Can’t be putting this off any longer can I?” She smiled weakly and gave her mum a peck on the cheek and Jesse a peck on his lips.

She loaded her things in the boot but kept her sketch book. Once she was in, she rolled the window down and waved to her family and friends goodbye. She watched the city of Birmingham go by quickly, yet slowly at the same time.

The taxi driver looked to Cassie in the rear view mirror. “You leaving home for the first time?” He questioned.

Cassie looked at him. “Is it that obvious?”

“Just a bit, especially to those who know the experience. You’ve got your life figured out?”

“For the most part.” She answered.

“Well that’s nice. When I left, I had no clue what I was going to do. Ended up staying at a mate’s flat for two years before getting a job, well that didn’t go to well. After two more years of going between jobs, my uncle hooked me up with this job. So London eh?” He inquired.

“Yea, London. I got an internship that can open a lot of opportunities for me. Figured it’s the best thing for me. It’s exciting you know? But nerve wrenching at the same time. Also I want to get out on my own but I’ll miss my family and friends you know?” She questioned.