"News mein aa gaya hai" Dad said as my parents came running.

Nandini cried more mumbling "mom..dad"

"We'll go to them and figure something out" I told Nandini holding her hand when I saw the commissioner coming and greeting my Dad.

He was a friend but I knew something was wrong if he came.

"Manik beta" He came to me.
Nandini was literally shivering.
I don't think she even heard anything.

"Yes Sir?!" I asked him.

"You can't go outside,your fans have already gathered here and it won't help even a bit if you go out,infact the situation will worsen, we've increased security in Murthy house,the poor people who've invested the money in shares of their company are getting out of control" He told us and I could feel Nandini's hand leaving mine.

But I wrapped my hand around her shoulder.

"If you insist we can manage to take Nandini to her house" He told me.

"How will she manage alone but I--" I was at loss of words,I didn't know what to say.

"I'll manage" Nandini told me going away from my embrace.

I wanted to tell her something but I know what was coming our way next.

Nasty headlines and news.
Respect going down the drain.

I went towards my living room to watch on tv as they were live telecasting from out of my house.

Nandini was being gaurded by police but still was getting pushed from here and there.

"Nandini Murthy, Don't you think that the family you belong to,The Malhotra's-Their reputation is questioned because of you" A reporter asked.

"Don't you think being Manik Malhotra's wife you should have stopped you father from doing this, because Malhotra's are a respected family" Another one asked.

I switched the tv off as commissioner called my father that Nandini was safe in the car.

I closed my eyes.
Just then I heard Anayra cry.

I ran towards her.

"Anayra;baby, what happened" I asked her as she was crying.

"Mumma-people-pushiggg" She said between her sobs.

Shit she saw it from the window.

"Nothing baby, mumma's fine" I hugged her picking her up.

I don't know if I was consoling her or myself.

Because Nandini was anything,but fine.

___________________________________

Anayra was crying for an hour now.

She was just changing mumma mumma.

"Baby,look at Dadda" I told her.
And she obeyed her Dadda immediately.

"Mumma's gone to Nana's house bacha, Nana is in some problem baby" I told her caressing her cheeks.

"Bul abhi mamu is thel no,why mumma" She asked me.

"If Dadda is in some problem,you will not come to meet Dadda?!"I asked her and she nodded frantically and said "I will"

"Then,Nanu is Mumma's Dadda,so she has to go na-Come on be a good baby now" I told her and she nodded quietly.

The crowd outside my house had subsided by now but now it was outside Nandini's house and I can't leave her alone.

"Manik yeh bohot problem ho gayi hai" Cabir said the first thing as I called him.

"I know,tu nikal payega Nandini ke wahan jaane ke liye?!" He asked.

"Nikalna padega Cabir,anyhow I can't leave her alone like this" I told him.

"Anayra ko yahan bhej de Carol ke saath, phir tu aaram se jaa" He told me and I liked the idea because Mom and Dad had gone to office now to see to the situation.

"Baby,aapko bohot dino se Bira Chachu ke paas jana thana?!" I asked my baby and I was already feeling bad about leaving her alone.

"Yeshh Dadda,Bila Chachu" She screamed in happiness and I smilingly kissed her forehead and explained Carol everything.

In next few minutes they left.

"Nandini?!" I called Nandini as I sat in the car. The driver started the car.

"Manik" She cried.

"Nahi meri jaan,rote nahi mein nikal gaya huh wahan aane ke liye" I told her and my heart pained hearing the voice.

"It's not safe,mat aao idhar aap please" She told me.
Even in this situation she cared about me being safe.
I had two cars of police with me.

I reached the Murthy house in no time and the police seeing me immediately paved a way between.

I walked inside and even I was getting asked idiotic questions.

"Tumhare sasural ne humare paise maar liye" An old poor lady shouted at me.

Now she looked like someone who I wanted to answer to.

"Aap hume thoda time dijiye Aunty, please aapke paise kahi nahi jayenge" I told her holding her hand.

I couldn't stand there more because of the crowd.

"Hume aapse koi problem nahi hai,lekin kyunki Anayra iss Murthy ki beti ki beti hai toh hum usse--" One guy said and I stopped on my tracks and turned on my heels towards him.

"Manik, Don't answer them" The PI was right behind me and he whispered to me.

I went back to that man.

"Toh aap usse kya karenge,bataiye ruk kyun gaye?!" I asked him and he was just an attention seeker who I'm sure peed in his pants as I asked him this.

"Hume aapse koi problem nahi hai Sir, aapke toh hum chahne wale hai" He tried to sugar-coat and butter.

"Thank you,lekin jo meri beti ya biwi pe ek bhi aach laane ki bhi koshish karega toh mujhse bura koi nahi hoga." I told him and started to walk but then stopped and went back towards me.

"Mere chahnewale hai,toh mera gussa ache se jaante honge,apni hadd mein rahiye toh behtar hoga" I joined hands in 'namaste' and walked again.

I hope my Nandini is fine.

___________________________________