Chapter 30: Dating My Future Husband

Naruko P.O.V

It has been 3 months since Sasuke and I started dating. Like when I was with Sasuke's future self, only Naori knew about us. I could not tell anyone about him. No one could know that Sasuke and I were in a relationship, especially not Sakura.  

Since it was the week of our three-month anniversary, Sasuke told me he was planning something special for our date later tonight. So while I waited for him to finish basketball practice, I went to the mall with Sakura and Naori. 

"Naruko, which one looks cuter? This purple one, or the red one?" Sakura asked me while showing me the two different colored dresses. 

I picked my ear in disinterest. "You look good in anything, Sakura-chan. Just pick one, we've been here forever," I complained.

She pouted while turning over to ask Naori the same thing. Naori laughed awkwardly before giving her an answer. "I agree with Naruko, you look great in both!"

Sakura sighed, putting the dresses back on the hanger. "You guys are no help."

I quickly checked my phone to see if my boyfriend had texted me, but there was still an hour left of practice. I sighed to myself while putting my phone away. I then began to look through the racks in boredom while trying to distract myself from how much I missed Sasuke. 

"Miss him that much, huh?" Naori whispered to me as she pretended to look through the clothes rack with me. 

I nodded my head with another sigh. "I just wanna hold his hand..." I whispered back.

Naori giggled while hitting me playfully with her elbow. "You two are so intoxicated with each other it's starting to make me sick," she joked, "All he ever does is talk about you."

I smiled to myself, happy to know that I was always on his mind. He was always shy about showing his feelings for me, and up until now, I had been the one to initiate any form of intimacy. But, just knowing that I invaded his every thought was enough to make my heart skip.

"What do you guys think about this one?" suddenly asked Sakura while showing us a pink crop top. 

Naori and I were both startled by her sudden question. Keeping Sasuke a secret from Sakura was not easy, and it even made both of us feel guilty. I had to tell her one day; I just didn't know when. 

I shook my head, feeling slightly anxious, hoping she did not hear Naori and my conversation. "Sakura-chan, why're you even looking for new clothes? You already have a store in your closet," I commented while remembering her over-stuffed closest. 

"Well if you must know," she started while putting back the shirt, "Saint Madara is going to have a game against Konoha High again in a few weeks. That means Sasuke's going to be there, and I want to look as cute as possible to catch his attention!" 

I winced silently as I heard her mention my boyfriend's name. She was determined to catch his attention, but little did she know he already belonged to me. I clenched the hem of my shirt in pain as I forced a smile. "You're beautiful Sakura-chan! How could you not get his attention?"

Sakura chuckled: "I know," she replied confidently, "I'm going to be the first Uchiha from outside the estate." She then grabbed another dress from the rack and left to try it on in the fitting room.

Naori placed her hand over my clenched fists to comfort me. "Naruko," she whispered, "You have to tell her eventually..." 

"I know..."

***

After the three of us parted, I waited for Sasuke at Ichiraku's. I sat in a seat and chatted with Teuchi as he cooked.