Tightening my grip on my dagger, I prepared myself for the possibly violent encounter that was to come. This could be a trap of the Capitol. Tilting my head to the side, I listened as the first voice got more and more frustrated.

"Touch me one more fuckin' time and I'll chop off your arms and feed it to you for dinner." The voice shouts.

Yeah, that's Johanna.

"Johanna..?" I call out in curiosity, furrowing my brows.

"What the fuck? Athena, is that you?" She shouts back, making me smile slightly at her voice.

"The hell are you, Johanna." I shout, gathering my things off the jungle floor.

Slinging the bag over my shoulder, I keep my eyes trained on the four figures. That had to be them. One of the figures was scanning the surrounding jungle, axe in hand. Standing behind the smaller figure, was a large silhouette of a man holding a sword. Feeling my blood go cold, the silhouette looked very similar to Brutus. This could be a fucked up trap.

"Tell me something that only the real Johanna would know." I ordered, hiding in the shadows of a tree.

"The fuck? Um⎯after I won my games, you started to braid little yellow flowers in my hair to calm me down. Even though I hated it at the time..?" She responds, as I let out a small sigh of relief.

It was really her. Walking out of the shadows, I approached the group and was shocked to see how disheveled their appearances were. Johanna's long black hair was now chopped up to her shoulders, like she had cut it with her axe. Beetee seemed to be struggling to stand up right, shifting his weight leg from leg. Wiress was muttering 'Tick Tock' under her breath and Blight was panting heavily. They've had it more rough than I have had it.

"Christ, Johanna. Beetee? Wiress? Is that you guys?" I whisper, as they were covered in sweat and mud.

"Athena." Johanna whispers, tackling me to the ground.

Groaning at the sudden weight, I collapsed onto the ground, hitting my back against some thick roots. Fuck that hurt. Wrapping my arm around her back, I rubbed circles soothingly as she peppered my face in kisses. God, I missed her. Tucking her head into the crook of my neck, her breaths were slightly quivering and her grip on me tightened slightly. I guess she had missed me too.

"I couldn't find you at the Cornucopia. I had to assume that you were either dead already or with Finnick and the others. God⎯you fucking scared the shit out of me." She whispers, her voice wavering slightly.

"It's okay. I'm okay, Jo⎯see." I said, cupping her face with my hands.

"Don't ever do that shit again. Okay? Me and Finn wouldn't be able to handle it⎯if⎯if you got hurt or died." She whispers, leaning into my touch.

"I hate to interrupt, I really do. But, I suggest that we leave. It's possible that nearby tributes or mutts could have heard us." Beetee inputs, as we pull away from each other.

Letting out a small sigh, he was right, we were being too loud and probably told everyone in a ten mile radius. Growling at him, her hand reaches for her discarded axe, ready to cave his head in. Grabbing her hand to stop her, I shook my head at her to show her that it wasn't worth it. We needed him. He was smart and resourceful. It's better to have him as an ally rather than an enemy. Besides, I don't think I could handle seeing someone die.

"Johanna, what did you do to your hair?" I said, chuckling at her choppy hair.

"Cut it off. It was in the way." She said bluntly, running her other hand through her messy hair.