MEET THE FAMILY

The Dutchman family is known as the wealthiest family in their town, Brahms Dutchman is the master of the house. A very silent man but a good father to his three children and he calls their names in a shorter way after his wife, Louisa died of illness. He wanted everything to be simple so that no one will know his secrets. Until the day Brahms' eldest daughter Meredith is to be wed for the sake of his business. Meredith ran away before her wedding and no one knows where she is now, not even her family. The middle child Johnathan knew something was off, after their mother died of a sudden illness, he knew only his father knew the truth about their mother's death. While the youngest, Loraine missed her mother so much that she always visits her mother's tomb in the green meadows where they always have picnics together with her siblings. Now she's reading her mother a book and talking to her whenever things go wrong in the mansion, Loraine is still seeking for her mother's presence, spacing out every time whenever she remembers her and makes Brahms think of putting her in a convent, but something is stopping him from doing it.

Chapter 1

"Rutland place was pale with a watery sun. In one or two gardens green daffodil leaves stood like bayonets, yellow banners of bloom held above them". Loraine stood up and bid her mother a goodbye. "That's it for now mother, I'll be back tomorrow and bring you some daffodils''. Loraine took a step backwards from her mother's tomb as a sign of respect before turning away. Servants gossiping in the distance as Loraine walked by. "A happy child out in the meadows and a sad child inside the mansion". The head servant overheard the servants ''Stop chit-chattering about the master's daughter, do your damn job or else all of you will lose your job". The servants lowered their heads and shut their mouths. Inside the house Loraine isn't aware that her father is home, before she could run upstairs Brahms shouted Lora's name. His cane thudding as he walks towards Loraine "Lora, where have you been?! I will not allow this to happen again, you are wandering around like a lost monkey!". The floor creaked as Loraine leaned back. "Oh father, you're here? I thought you were away?" said Loraine in surprise. You thought so? I asked the head servant about your whereabouts and she doesn't know the answer. But one of the servants told me that you haven't eaten your breakfast yet". Brahms said furiously. "It's okay father, I'll have brunch then. Don't worry too much, go rest for a bit, I know you're tired." Loraine continued to walk upstairs without looking back. Brahms saw the muddy footsteps of Loraine and sighed with sadness. "I think I need to rest for a while." said Brahms to himself. Loraine closed her bedroom door and put down her book on the side table of her bed. She laid for a minute until she fell asleep. "Loraine, Loraine wake up!" Loraine woke up suddenly and saw her mother smiling at her, Loraine embraced her mother tightly. "Mother! I thought you were gone! you came back! please don't leave me again. Please!". "Darling, I have never left you. Remember I'm always here for you, always". Loraine woke up abruptly, and tears fell into her cheeks. She wrote down everything she did that day to her black notebook, because every time that she dreams about her mother she doesn't want to forget it, so she writes it all down.

Chapter 2

"Sir, a letter just arrived this morning". The butler handed the letter to Brahms, he looked at the butler, thinking that it might have come from Johnathan. To his demise it wasn't, it's from Genevieve Adler, Louisa's mother. "Thank you, butler". As a reply the butler then bowed his head and left.

Dear Brahms Dutchman,

Yesterday, my beloved husband Malcolm Adler died from a heart attack. I know that it is so sudden that it's not too long ago that my daughter, Louisa died from an unknown sickness. I know that this is too hurtful to talk about but for now, I needed a company and comfort from my grandchildren. Malcolm's funeral will be held for 3 days until his burial.