Chapter 22- Forgiven

Start from the beginning

He laughed and took me by the hand again to walk. “Don’t worry they rarely attack unless provoked.”

“Sure.” I mumbled but kept walking.

After walking a little more I was wondering what we were looking for. All I could see were trees and that didn’t tell me anything.

“If we stay on the trail we will be there in about 3 minutes.” He said.

“Can I have a hint please?” I begged.

“No.” He said firmly.

“But I would give you one.” I said.

He quickly gave me a knowing look and turned back to watch where he was walking.

“Alright.” I grumbled.

As we walked further in I started to see something up in the clearing ahead. I couldn’t exactly see it at this point but I could tell it had a fence around it.

The closer we got the clearer the object became and I realized what we were seeing. It was a large horse stable and at least 6 horses standing outside of it.

“How did you know?” I gasped.

“I saw the drawing in your room.” He confessed.

I don’t remember that.

“You saw that? When?”

“The day I came over with my parents.” He replied.

I was amazed. I had no idea Austin even noticed little things like that. My drawing wasn’t even hanging up in my room. It was on an open sketch pad on my dresser. That was only one of many.

Horses were my all time favorite animal and I always wanted one. I even asked my dad for one when I was I was 6 but he told me they were too much up keep and we didn’t have a place for one. Of course that didn’t stop me from dreaming about them or drawing them.

“How did you find this place?” I asked.

“It belongs to a friend.” He smiled.

I raised an eyebrow at him in curiosity. “What friend?”

Instead of answering my question he opened the gate to let us in and walked over to the closest horse and pulled its head down to me.

I ran my hands through its mane and it seemed to enjoy it. It had long brown soft hair for its mane and tail; it was obvious someone had kept it up.

Who just had horses like this back this far in the woods? Who cares for them?

“Pick one.” Austin said.