Chapter 1- The Party

"Another party?" I whined.

"Yes, why do you hate them so much," Tinsley asked annoyed.

"It's not just the party. It's also the people, the music, and the random hookups." I stated with just as much annoyance. Not so much at her, but for the sad reality of it all. 

"Well duh, that's what a party is," she laughed.

"Exactly. That's why I hate them," I replied. 

"I swear, I don't get you half the time," she said as she straightened out her dress in the, dark wood, full body mirror.

 Why would she? We were complete opposites, but best friends. She was the party girl that liked to live in the moment and I was the, thinking of the future, level headed good girl. Sometimes I wonder how we are even friends. I love Tinsley to death, but we have such different views on things. I swear she drags me to these parties every time she attends one. I don't think I need ot explain how often that is. 

 I got off the bed and walked into my closet looking for something to wear. I didn't have party clothes at all and that drove Tinsley crazy. I looked through my outfits before settling on a pair of jeans and a blue cardigan. After quickly dressing I walked out of the closet to apply my make up.

"You're kidding right," she laughed.

"What," I defended.

"Are you going to a party or a parent teacher conference?" she asked laughing hysterically.

"Told you. I don't have party clothes, Tins," I whined. "We go through this every time." 

"Well guess what? I brought you something this time and tomorrow we are going shopping to get you a better wardrobe," she said leaving no room for argument. 

 Great, now I'm going to look like a slut. Not that Tins is a slut, but she likes to dress that way for parties. She does flirt excessively, but that's about it. She only sleeps with a guy if they have been together for longer than a month, or she really likes them. Right now she had a boyfriend and they had been together for a month, so who knew what would happen tonight. However, that being said, she still had much more experience than I, but that was ok. It wasn't like I was in a hurry to lose anything I would never get back. 

 Tinsley walked over to the bed carrying a medium sized white box that I knew was the perfect size for a dress. She laid it down pulling the top off the box and picking up the dress that was inside.

When I saw it, I was surprised by how much I actually liked it. Of course, being the person Tinsley was, it was entirely to short. That much I could tell by the length. If only it were just a little bit longer. It was a gorgeous and blue dress, but definitely not something I would wear.

"Go put this on and no complaints or whining," she said sternly.

Seeing as she had gone to all this trouble for me, I knew there was no point in arguing with her about it so I let out a long sigh and walked into the bathroom to get changed. 

After getting the dress on and zipping it up I turned and looked at myself in the mirror and nearly feel over at how good the dress looked on me. Tins definitely had great taste. I just wish she hadn't have misjudged the size. It was indeed a little snug and a little to short. Just as I had expected. 

"Come on Shannon I want to see it," Tinsley yelled impatiently.

 I forced myself away from the mirror at her words and proceeded into my bedroom showing off the dress. Tinsley smiled at me when her eyes fell on the light blue material the clung to my body like skin. I definitely felt out of place in it and that was the honest truth.