Chapter 12- All Things Revealed

(Chapter 12- All Things Revealed)

I was now home and resting comfortably on my couch when my phone rang. I pulled it out to see who it was when Austin’s name flashed across the screen. I groaned before answering it.

“What?” I snapped.

“My mom wanted me to call you and invite you and your parents over for dinner tonight.” He said emotionlessly.

“Gee thanks I’ll let them know.” I said with fake happiness and hung up before he could speak.

“Who was that?” Dad asked.

“The Burkes invited us over for dinner tonight.” I said avoiding his question. I didn’t feel like going into how pissed I was at Austin right now so I thought it was better that way. Hopefully I covered my anger well.

“Great now I don’t have to cook.” Linda said pleased.

“Yeah but I have to see Austin.” I mumbled bitterly.

“What’s that?” Dad asked me.

I panicked. “Oh I said…I get to see Austin.” I replied cheerfully.

He looked like he believed me and turned to say something to Linda. I blew out a sigh of relief. I almost blew my cover just then I really need to get a grip. ‘Save it for Austin.’ I told myself.

I went to my room to change clothes since my dad insist on us looking nice when we are around his boss. It’s like we are on display or something and I hate it. I understand a good impression but I could really care less at this point especially when I was mad at the one we were trying to impress.

An hour later we finally arrived at Austin’s and I was dreading seeing him. I wasn’t happy with him right now and I’m pretty sure he wasn’t happy with me either from the sound of his voice on the phone. I guess he wasn’t used anyone to anyone talking to him like that but he got a surprise didn’t he?

My dad knocked on the door to their mansion and waited for them to answer while I played with the end of my sleeve bored. I really didn’t want to be here but my dad was dead set on it. Why could he have another boss beside Austin’s dad? I swear life hates me.

“Hey Robert hey Linda thanks for coming.” Carol smiled and welcomed us in.

Once I passed by her she stopped me before I got too far. “Austin is in his room. He said he wants to talk to you.”

“Ok thanks.” I fake smiled then quickly released once she turned away.

I didn’t really want to go but I couldn’t exactly tell his mother that or she would start assuming things again and tell them to the rest of the family like last time. I rolled my eyes at that thought.

“You can go on up.” She said when she noticed I hadn’t moved.

”Oh wait I guess you don’t know where it is.” She laughed to herself. “Just look over me dear.”

I chuckled out of politeness and followed after her to Austin’s room. She knocked on his door and announced I was there and left. I guess she had other things to do.

Austin opened his door and stood there while he waited for me to enter.

“Thanks for the greeting.” I said sarcastically walking in.

“You’re welcome.” He shot back closing the door.

“What do you want?” I asked in a bored tone sitting in the chair in his room.

I looked around his room in approval it was nice. It was very big with a big TV a couple of comfortable looking chairs in front of it. There was a bunch on games next to a PS3 and an Xbox 360 that I know. I love to play games if you can’t tell.