Chapter 35

a/n: A couple of you readers have personally texted or have commented that they're confused. And you want to know what's going to happen next otherwise you'll stop reading my book.

Ik what I'm writing if you don't like it then please stop reading my book and read another. I'm writing a story to keep the suspense if I wanted to, I could've just wrote it all in one chapter and ended the book. But that's not what I'm doing, if you want that type of book where everything is revealed right away. The. I'm pretty sure there's a book out there.

That's all I wanted to say. You'll find out soon just be patient and enjoy ❤️

Braeyln's POV

What kind of question is that? Of course I knew him. I shook my head and said, "Yes, you are my boss and the CEO of-" he let out a bitter chuckle and nodded. He picked his coffee stir and stirred his coffee. I wasn't sure where he was going with this. He scoffed and gave me a tight smile. He then motioned me to leave the room. I nodded and quickly walked out of the room.

*~*

I went to the cafe after my first day of work to meet up with my friends. I stepped inside the cafe and walked towards the booth that we always meet up at. I sat down next to Julie and Ronnie sat down across from me.

"Hi," I said. They both looked at me and instantly smiled. They talked about what happened in their class and how they got to see a dead body. Which instantly made me want to throw up. They asked me about how my first day of work was, making them both blow up. I told them that he's the same guy from the theater and diner.

"You two are meant to be, it's fate. Trying to bring the both of you together," Julie said excitedly. Ronnie nodded, making me sigh, "He's engaged and has a fiance. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't but I don't so it's fine." I cringed at my lie.

"Ooo, does someone have a crush on their boss?" Julie asked. There was something about him that pulled me closer to him. I forced out a smile and thought of something so that I could divert the attention elsewhere.

"There is this guy named Jake he saw you at the theater and diner. He  asked me for your number today" Ronnie's eyes widened.

"What does he look like? Do you have a picture of him?" She asked. Her cheeks seemed to turn red and I looked at Julie to find her smiling mischievously. Maybe, I should've given him her number.

"I don't think you'll be needing a picture," someone said. It awfully sounded similar. I turned my head towards the side to see who the person is and it's none other than Jake Reynolds along with Ridge Harrington. Just the two people who I wanted to see right now.

My cheeks reddened in embarrassment as I caught Ridge staring at me. What if he heard everything that we were talking about? I looked away and noticed Jake standing quite close to Ronnie.

"What's your name, beautiful?" He asked and Ronnie muttered her name. This was the first time I've seen her shy and it felt really weird.

"Why don't you come to the office party as my date?" Jake asked Ronnie. She looked away while blushing, making Jake smile.

"If you aren't going because of your friend here. Then let me tell you a friend of ours wanted to get your number. He told me that he caught you staring at the theater," Jake said making Julie facepalm.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Jake and he sat down next to Ronnie and smiled at me.

"We are about to go shopping, do you guys want to come with us?" Jake asked.

"No, thanks," I said and I could feel Ridge's eyes staring at me but I ignored him.

"So you're saying you already have a dress prepared?" Jake asked. I looked at Ronnie and she pleaded with me with her eyes saying she wanted to go.

Sighing I looked at Jake and forced a smile and said, "Why not." Jake reached his hand out towards Ronnie so that she could get out and she gladly accepted it. I looked at Ridge and he raised his eyebrows at me. I don't know why I expected him to do the same as Jake. I grabbed my bag ready to get off the booth until someone reached their hand out for me. I looked up to Ridge's hand and I let out a sigh in relief like I wanted my hand to be with his.