Angrily, I quickly return to stacking the boxes as my competitive streak comes out. I finish the top shelf with ease, the she-hulk in me giving me a little more added strength. I was on about the third shelf down when I accidentally slam my knee against the wooden planks below. 

"Ow..." I whine out under my breath as I glance down and begin rubbing my knee. 

"Shit!" I hear across the room just as someone comes up behind me. Everything happened so fast; the box from the top shelf was falling, someone caught it and my adrenaline shot through me instantly. 

In fright, I push one of my elbows back, feeling it hit something hard. It was Scott's stomach. 

He groans out in pain as he falls back onto the now cleared portion of the ground. He ends up hitting his head on the opposite shelves and groans out even more. 

"Oh fuck!" I exclaim in shock as I quickly jump over the boxes and kneel down beside him, "Why the hell did you come up behind me like that?!" 

"Why the hell didn't you see the box falling?!" He shouts back at me, his golden green eyes shining brightly with his anger. 

"Why the hell did you?" I question as I reach up and he flinches away. I roll my eyes as I glare at him, "I need to check if there's any blood." 

He lets me and I reach both hands around his head and feel the back of his soft brown hair. I move my face a little closer to his, peering around the back of his neck but it was too dark to see anything. My eyes slowly drift from the side of his head to his face and I realise how close we were. 

Scott's breathing was steady as he gazed at me, those eyes so piercing and I felt like he could see straight through me. I felt bare underneath his stare, like he could see every thought, every idea and every flaw. It's safe to say my heart just fell out of my ass. 

I quickly pull my hands back from his head and sit back on my heels, "No blood."

His eyes flutter close for a second as he rolls his head as his face was tilt up towards the roof. My gaze drops down his shirt and I noticed his hand was spread across the side of his stomach, no doubt where I had jabbed him. 

"Does it hurt?" I question while leaning over him slightly. His eyes flicker open and lock with mine, "I can go get you some ice if you want. 

I had already started to get up but he snatches my wrist in his hand. His hold on it was gentle as he keeps me in place. 

"No." He says softly as I slowly turn back to him, "It's fine."

I nod as I sit down next to his outstretched legs, "I'm really sorry, Scott. It was a knee-jerk reaction." 

"You have really fucking sharp elbows." He scoffs and it makes me laugh slightly, "Have you ever tried breaking concrete with those?" 

"Did you just make a joke?" I question with a small smirk as I lean forward slightly. He rolls his eyes but his small grin was evident, "So Scott Cameron does have a sense of humor, good to know." 

He chuckles under his breath, "Shut up." 

"And he can laugh? Wow color me shocked." I giggle as he tries to hide his amusement but his growing grin was giving it all away, "I like your smile, you should do it more." 

His eyes clash with mine and I gulp. Shit, did I just say that out loud. Of course I did, it's literally a steep, downward hill between my brain and mouth. Literally any thought I think, I'm saying it point five of a second. It was worse when I was younger. 

My parents got plenty of judging looks when we were out in public. They didn't care, they thought I was hilarious. 

"Why are you here, Kara?" He question as he sighs out and moves his gaze so he was staring at the tips of his leather dress shoes.