He crosses his arms, his too-small suit jacket stretching dangerously at the seams.

Enid smiles tightly.

She had expected him to deny her, but it still made things more difficult.

"I'd still like to disenroll please. I have plans to return home to Wales." A sweet smile is plastered across her face.

Dean Thomas hums, stroking a finger along his mustache.

Spinning slightly in his leather chair, he tugs open a drawer and pulls out a file.

Her name is printed on the top and she swallows a bitter laugh.

God, she is so tired of files about her.

"Well, as much as I'd like to help you, I don't think I can. I do believe that when you accepted our offer for your scholarship and place in our music program, you agreed to stay for at least four years." He flips open the cover, gesturing to the papers inside.

Of course, she had expected this too.

She'd gone over every possible thing he could say to her.

"I no longer wish to attend this university, Dean Thomas." She brushes a wayward curl behind her ear.

The man across from her sighs, a forged look of pity on his face.

And suddenly, she is exhausted.

Unbelievably tired of men telling her what to do.

First, her father keeping her inside their estate her whole life.

Keeping her from the world beyond.

It had taken her a while to realize it, but she knows now how detrimental his sheltering was to her growth.

How unprepared she was for all of this due to it.

It was how all these men had shifted the course of her life.

The immortals.

The son of the man sitting across from her.

Almalfi.

Flynt.

And now the dean, again.

No more.

Determination straightens her spine, rolls back her shoulders.

"Classes start tomorrow, and we can't just-" She cuts off his drawling excuses.

Bending forward, she reaches into the bag she had brought with her.

His eyes drop to where the collar of her shirt gapes slightly.

A smirk curling along his lips.

Like father, like son.

Enid sits up quickly, a scowl on her face.

A folder of her own now in her hand.

"Have you read the campus newspaper that was released this morning?" She pulls the folded paper out.

Dean Thomas's head tilts in confusion.

"No, I haven't had the chance yet." There is a wariness in his voice.

Standing from her seat, she barely feels the pain in her ankle as a victorious smile sprouts on her face.

She sets the newspaper on the desk before him, right over the folder bearing her name.

In the center of the page is a photo of a group of boys, roguish grins on their faces.

By Any Means Necessary: Fraternity Forms Culture of Assault.