Chapter 4 - An unexpected turn of events

---Colin’s POV---

My eyes popped open when I heard soft footsteps churn the leaves on the forest floor. Slowly looking down, I smiled slightly as I looked straight down at a familiar red-head, who was creeping along the forest floor, searching under the trees and leaves.

“Told you she would come back to the camp for her weapons. She needs to hunt.” I couldn’t help but rub it in my inner cat’s face that I was right. He let out an annoyed huff before grumbling, “True, but shouldn’t she be able to hunt in her feline form as well? If you’re going through with your plan, that would be something to talk about.”

Hmmm, maybe….Either way, Liam was right though; Christina should be able to hunt in her cat-form. That or she couldn’t shift. Slowly sitting up on the branch, I stretched my legs and stood up slowly, careful to not make any sounds. I had searched for any clues as to how long Christina has been around in these woods but had found none. And after our goodbye, I had decided to wait for her in the tree at her campsite.

And now she was prowling just below the branch I was seated on, moving her head from side to side in an attempt to spot her bow and quiver, which were securely braced on my back.

I smirked slightly before I stepped forwards into thin air, falling silently down the tree before I landed on the ball of my feet a few steps behind her. “Looking for something?” I asked in a neutral tone, curious to see what her reaction would be.

She didn’t disappoint; she jumped up with a threatening hiss exploding from her lips as she immediately crouched down in a defensive position, her eyes burning with that peculiar jade color before she recognized me and shot back up with a scowl on her face.

“Stop stalking me.” She said in a slightly whiny tone before she glanced at the ground again, probably searching for her weapons before her eyes, which have returned back to their usual blue color, darted towards my shoulder.

“Is that…That’s mine!” Christina said while stepping forwards, her hand reaching out as if to yank it of my shoulder. I stepped back and smiled slightly while never taking my eyes of Christina as I said, “What, this old thing? Found it in the woods yesterday. Got any proof that it’s yours?” I teased at the end, hoping to see her eyes flare up with that special green hue.

I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling when Christina let out an angry yowl as she glared at me. “Yeah, you found it close by my fire. It is mine and I need that!” She added when I pulled the bow and quiver of my back and held it above my head when she tried to get it.

“Wow, easy darling. You see, there’s no name on this bow and quiver and I found them, so technically, its mine.” When she went to open her mouth, I quickly added, “But, I’ll give them back to you. On one condition.” Her blue eyes narrowed dangerously as she nibbled on her lip pensively, drawing my attention away from her eyes for a moment.

“What kind of condition?”

I smiled, although I had a hunch that she wouldn’t accept my offer this easily. Liam followed our interaction closely, chuckling slightly at the temper flaring up in those brilliant blue eyes, on the verge of turning green again.