Chapter 3 - A Nomad mentor ?

---Christina’s POV---

The Nomad was smiling as he stood there, his arms folded in front of his rather impressively muscular chest, making me aware that he was only wearing some figure hugging pants, clinging on his lean hips. He smirked slightly and cocked an eyebrow.

“Didn’t your mommy tell you not to pick fights with strangers who are stronger than you?” He drawled sarcastically, his silver eyes sparkling with amusement and a hint of arrogance as he referred to the difference between our strengths. I huffed and rolled my eyes as I turned back to the river stones that were patiently waiting for me.

“No.” I said, stretching out the sentence as I shot him a look over my shoulder, “Mom is dead, so that would make it kind of hard to tell me anything.” That did the trick; his ego deflated and he looked…embarrassed with himself?

“Uh…” he said, scratching his head as I tossed some more rocks on the shore until I knew I had enough. “Sorry.” He muttered, causing me to smile as I shook my head above the water, catching a glimpse of a fish near the edge. “S’ okay.” I replied, waving over my shoulder while shuffling my feet over the floor, trying to keep it as undisturbed as possible.

I saw some movement from the corner of my eye as the man walked a bit closer, curiously leaning forwards as his silver eyes flashed from me to the water’s edge and back. “What are you doing?” As an answer, I grabbed hold of the fish…or at least tried. It started flopping wildly, slithering out of my hands every time I tried to grasp it harder.

With an angry yowl, I smacked towards the fish when it leapt up towards my face, smacking it straight towards the camp and right in the gut of the male, who was now biting his lip with a highly amused expression as he looked from me to the fish and started laughing.

“Slippery son of a-“ I stopped myself of cursing in front of this stranger as I stopped out of the water and gutted the fish, pointedly ignoring the strange but handsome male, who didn’t stopped laughing until I descaled the fish and moved towards the fire.

“So…what’s cooking?” He asked as he lay down and stretched his arms before laying them under his head and closed his eyes. I snorted and shook my head. “I’m cooking my dinner, you,” I said, pointing the edge of my knife towards his chest, “Can just go out and hunt for yourself.”

He cracked an eye open and lazily peered out from under it. “You’ve got too many food for just one little female. Sharing is caring you know. You make it seem like you haven’t fed in days.” I swallowed, looking down at the rabbit before I laid it down on the heated stones. The hot sizzling of meat cooking was the only sound before the Nomad shot up and looked at me from over the fire.

“No way. You…haven’t …fed…in days? How long have you been a Nomad?” He asked, shaking his head as if he couldn’t understand what kind of Nomad couldn’t feed himself. I scoffed and glared at him, “I can take care of myself!” I exclaimed before muttering softly, “And I’m not a Nomad…yet.” He was shaking his head before his eyes nearly bulged out of his head. “What do you mean, you aren’t a Nomad? You aren’t a rogue either.”

I shrugged slightly as I turned the rabbit and sliced up the fish. “It’s complicated.”  I glanced sideways at the man, looking at his short, messed up hair, bulging muscles when he flexed his arms and the strip of fabric belonging to his boxers that peeked out of his jeans. He was looking away from me, giving me a chance to avert my eyes before he looked towards me, about to ask a question.