Chapter 23- A life for a life

---Christina's POV---

The walk to the Bengal pride was silent and quick. After Belen knew what happened, he had longed to go to war with the Bengal prides but Colin and I had managed to calm him down. Taking action now would endanger his cub and would claim the lives of many innocents.

So Colin and I would go out to the Bengal pride and confront Xavier but before that, we were going to make sure that both Gavin and Carver were safe. I had seen that if Xavier had the chance, he would kill either or both out of spite.

Carver could defend himself as a fully grown male Bengal, but I was worried about the cub. Xavier's tactics showed he was a coward; he wasn't going to risk injury by going after an adult.

Gavin would be their choice prey.

I let out a small growl while hopping over a fallen tree, eyes locked onto a moving blur in the distance. I knew King Belen was waiting at the edge of the Bengal territory to make sure his son was okay.

My paws touched the damp soul, claws digging in for a second and feeling the cold undergrowth before I stopped, whiskers twitching. A few Bengals seemed to be on border patrol but I knew differently.

"Are they in on the plot?"

I glanced at Colin before shaking my head softly. A fly buzzed around my ear, causing it to twitch a few times. "Xavier told them to be wary of the Siberians, said they were looking twitchy for a fight during our meeting."

Colin snarled softly, ears flattening as his eyes flashed. "What a lying little weasel. Wait till I get my claws on him." He flashed his teeth for a second before crouching a bit more, going into hunting mode.

Flicking my tail, I smacked it against his side with a snort. "Xavier is washing his paws clean of this. We need our plan to work perfectly."

Our conversation was cut short as I spotted a familiar cat moving through the woods with deliberate loudness in his steps. Maverick ignored the two bengals as they turned their heads to look at the intruder, instantly yowling a warning before flanking the big cat, leading him to their Queen.

I smirked, knowing everything was going according to plan. Maverick was going to inform the Queen, and already knowing her good nature to believe in the good of people, she would want to investigate the trail leading to Xavier.

As I expected and had foreseen, Xavier's tiger came charging through the woods with murder clear in his eyes, the Queen's guards hot on his tail in an attempt to stop him. All my instincts were screaming to tackle Xavier to the ground, but I forced myself not to do so.

The Queen was charging with the guards too, and she needed to see little Gavin before I could do anything. I glanced at Colin before rushing out of the covers. My paws made little to no sound as they devoured the ground, quickly gaining on the Royal escort.

The guards easily spotted me, half minded to stop me until they spotted my mark flashing brightly. As soon as the Queen and her guards rushed inside the small building and spotted Xavier lunging for the terrified Gavin, I activated my powers.

Xavier's leaping form slowly game to a halt, Gavin trapped mid yowl as I froze time. I slowly walked in between them while glancing as my mate walked towards the Queen and her guards, all staring at me in awe.

Thank the gods I had managed to perfect this skill. The Queen could clearly see the killer intent in Xavier, could recognize Gavin as a Siberian cub. Gently grabbing the cub, I released him from time while contacting his father.