Chapter 13 - Time to live

---Christina’s POV---

Dawn was breaking through the last remains of night, the air changing from its pitch-black to a deep purple mixed with shades of lighter blue and pinks where the sun was peeking through the clouds.

I had barely slept throughout the night, thinking of my destiny and what I was supposed to do. Both me and Eva knew we needed to get out into the world, explore to our heart’s content and learn more than what we know.

But on the other hand, I didn’t want to leave the new friends I made; I’ve been living years, knowing that my pride hated me or didn’t care enough to stop Alex and his cronies from abusing me. I found now that I needed that positive attention, craved it but at the same time, I felt that urge to go into the wilderness.

Two different needs that couldn’t be fulfilled at the same time…A sigh escaped me as I sat up against the tree and watched the slow path of the sun as it started to rouse the world from its slumber.

“It is time to make a decision little one. We need to get moving.” Eva purred softly, nudging me through our connection. My emotions were a fluttering mess and instinctively, I shifted before making my way down the tree. I couldn’t deal with this alone, and I felt comforted with Eva’s presence looming closer to the surface in this form.

As I slowly made my way through the camp and stepped past the people who were starting to wake up and prepare breakfast, I finally realized that I had to learn more before I could choose what I was going to do with my life.

Learning more, meant traveling the world and if I wanted to keep helping other people, that was exactly what I needed to do. I felt a surge of pride and happiness coming from Eva and a purr rumbled softly through my chest as I padded over towards the center, where the King’s hut was.

“Morning Christina.” I tilted my head up and purred, indicating my own greetings as I rubbed my head against Richard’s leg before glancing at the others behind him. Everyone was there; Antonio, Dimitri, Helen, Lincon, a few members of my former pride and Collin.

A deeper, louder purr slipped from my throat as I was touched that the few friends I had made wanted to see me out. Shifting on the spot, I tensed slightly when they came over for hugs but they all smiled at me and moved slowly, showing me that they were aware of what I’ve been through and how we both would react.

“Come visit us again when you’re around. Who knows, I might fix you a present.” Antonio smiled teasingly with a wink, making me eyes dart at the bike at his hut. He noticed my look and smiled tauntingly before I chuckled and playfully pushed him away.

Helen smiled warmly and pulled me to the side a bit before whispering in my ear, “You know we won’t stay on one spot but when you need us, your cat will know how to find us.” Her brown eye flashed in a wink and then she wandered of with a smile on her face, leaving me alone with Richard and Collin.

The later was looking irritated down at his feet, giving his back to his father, who sighed and shook his head. “Honestly Collin, what did you expect that I’d say?” His son simply yowled lowly and kicked at the stones beneath his feet before Richard sighed again and turned towards me.