Chapter 7

Chapter 7: New Acquittances
Braxton's mind was completely blank, all he felt was a calming feeling. Like he was at peace with the world. He felt an attachment to something, no someone. Someone other than his twin brother. It wasn't unwanted, it made him feel safe and at peace, so he ignored that questions that popped up about it. He stayed in the warm comforts of the back of his mind where nothing could phase him. Usually he didn't escape like this when he was out of his Manor, but the detachment gave him comfort.

Braxton was in a library of books in the deep depths of his mind. This was his escape. Braxton was curled up in a chair with a book about the Darks Arts in his hands. He had read the whole entire library twice, which was quite an amazing feat since his manors library was over one hundred thousand books. Whenever he wasn't doing anything of importance he was in the library and his friends knew not to bother him when he was curled up with a delightful book. He had thrown way too many books at them whenever they tried to bother him. His friends knew to duck whenever they tried to talk to him the library.

"Braxton." A faint voice called out for him from the darkness around his library. The voice was comforting, luring him out of his haven. Braxton put his book down and stood up, confused of who could have called him. Nobody could branch through his wards around this place, even his twin brother. To see who it was Braxton cleared his mind and forced his consciousness out of his library.

"Lycoris?" Braxton muttered softly as he felt light on his eyelids. He groaned softly as the chair didn't do any good to his body. He muttered a soft spell that cured the aches in his body, not even fully realizing that he could do magic again. He didn't feel the ankle band anymore and he was beyond thankful. He opened his eyes and found the handsome dark-haired boy looking at him with a soft smile.

"It's Chris actually." Chris replied with a soft laughed which made Braxton blush lightly. He felt his hand still intertwined with the other boys, but neither of them made any objections.

"Sorry thinking about my twin brother." Braxton said automatically, not even thinking. It was like his mind trusted Chris with all this information. Chris tilted his head and his eyebrows came together in his confusion, which resulted in Braxton giving him the look of I'll explain later.

"How did you sleep?" Braxton asked softly with gentleness in his tone, which made Chris smile brightly.

"Quite well since you were here. Thank you for what you did." Chris replied shyly and Braxton nodded, not really understanding what he had done. He had been trying to activate that magic inside of him for years and Chris brought it out of him. If anything, he should be thanking Chris. When they would arrive at Hogwarts Braxton would need to have Salazar Slytherin's private dueling room where he could practice controlling his inner core magic.

"Really it was like a burst of adrenalin once I saw you in pain. It was like something took over me. It has never happened before." Braxton replied not knowing how to explain it.

"Whatever you did saved me none the less." Chris replied softly and gently squeezed Braxton's hand. Braxton laughed softly and moved a strand of hair out of Chris's face.

"I won't let anything hurt you. There's an attachment between us, I can't really explain it." Braxton replied and Chris smiled as he seemed to know the answer to the question, which made Braxton a little disappointed in himself. Usually he had the answer to everything.

"Every witch or wizard has soulmate. Once they meet they become connected and they're inseparable. Even though they physically just met each other, their souls have been looking for their other halves for years. I felt my soul link to you the first moment we met. The way your magic reacted when I got hurt, it just helps prove that you're my other half." Chris replied and Braxton looked away from the captivating deep brown eyes. He had read about this in books but heard that only a small portion of wizards got to meet their soulmates, Braxton never thought it important to find his so he never looked. His brother had found his, so he thought that was enough. His brother could produce heirs for their empire with Lauren so he really didn't need to worry about his line.