Get Help

*Brent's POV*

Parker was late. He always arrived here at the same time everyday, but today he was late.
"Come on man, maybe he stayed at school longer" Eric suggested.
"He would have told me. Called, texted, something" I said as I paced the room.
"Give him time. He's 18 now man" Zach said. They had a good point. I nodded and got back to work, trying to forget about it.

Now Parker was half an hour late.
"I'm going to call him" I said as I pulled out my phone.
"Whatever makes you feel better man" Zach said. I rolled my eyes as I called his phone. No answer. Now I was really worried.
"Should I try Daisy?" I asked.
"Don't bother his friends man. He'll show up" Barry said. I know he was only trying to reassure me, but I was getting stressed.

It was close to an hour with still no sign of Parker.
"I'm going to go look for him" I said as I headed towards the door. Zach grabbed my arm.
"Relax man, he'll show up" he said calmly.
"You know, you guys keep saying that, but it doesn't make me feel better. He could be in trouble" I said.
"He's fine Brent. He'd call if he needed you" Eric said.
"What if he can't call? What if something is wrong?" I was starting to panic.
"I'll go out and keep an eye out for him if that makes you feel better" Barry said. I wanted to follow him out of the room but Zach grabbed me and sat me down.

I watched from the chair as Barry stepped out into the hall.
"Don't focus on him B. Just calm down and relax" Eric said softly.
"I don't want to relax. I want to know where my son is" I growled.
"He'll show up and explain everything. I have a good feeling man" Zach said.
"Well I don't, and I'm his father. So sorry if it's hard for me to calm down" I growled.
"Brent!" We all heard Barry from outside the room. I rushed out and saw him standing there, trying to hold Parker up.
"Parker!" I yelled as I rushed to him. I knew something was wrong. I took him from Barry and held him in my arms.
"I'm okay dad" he said while staring back at me. I could see the blood in his mouth and the bruises on his face. I had so many questions, but I knew this wasn't the time.
"No you're not, we are going to the hospital" I said, trying to keep calm. I tried helping him to his feet but he collapsed in my arms. Zach and Eric walked over to see what was happening.
"Did he walk here?" Zach asked in a worried tone.
"I don't know" I said. I looked down at Parker to see his eyes fluttering shut. "Hey bud, stay with us" I lifted him up in arms as I stood up and held him close.
"I'm okay dad" I could barely understand him when he spoke. I held him tightly against me as we all walked outside.
"We are getting you help buddy, just hold on" I said, blinking away my tears.
"Don't cry dad" Parker slurred before closing his eyes and relaxing in my arms.
"Please stay with me" I whispered as my eyes got misty.

Barry agreed to drive us to the hospital. I placed Parker carefully in the car before getting in myself.
"Good luck man" Eric said as I pulled Parker back into my arms.
"Let us know when you know what's going on" Zach added. I nodded as Barry started the car. We took off speeding down the street. I kept my hand over Parker's wrist, making sure he still had a pulse. I also watched his chest to see if he was breathing.

"We're here" Barry said. I was so focused on Parker, I didn't realize we had stopped.
"Thanks Bear" I said. I got out of the car and carefully picked Parker back up.
"Good luck man" he said. I turned towards the building and carried Parker inside.

"Everything okay sir?" A nurse greeted us as we walked up to the counter.
"Please help my son" I said, showing her Parker laying in my arms.
"What happened?" She asked after calling for help.
"I don't know. He collapsed as soon as he got home from school" I said with a shaky voice. Two nurses appeared with a stretcher.
"Can you place him here sir?" One asked. I was hesitate to leave him.
"It's alright sir, we just want to help. I need you to answer some questions while we do so" the first nurse said. I nodded and placed Parker gently on the stretcher. I watched the two nurses take him out of the room.
"Okay sir, can you just fill out this paper with his information?" The nurse handed me a clipboard and pen.

I sat in the waiting room as I filled out the paperwork. It was hard to focus as my mind wondered. What could have happened to him? Luckily the nurse was nice enough to sit with me and keep me calm. She kept reassuring me that everything would be okay. Once I finished the paperwork, she left with the clipboard.

Luckily it wasn't long before a doctor came to talk to me.
"Are you Parker's dad?" He asked, looking at the name on the papers he had.
"Yes sir" I said nervously.
"Parker has a mild concussion and some bruised ribs. Do you know what happened?" He asked. I was just relieved he was alive.
"No sir. He came home like that and collapsed. Will he be okay?" I asked.
"Yes he just needs some rest to recover. How does he usually get home from school?l the doctor asked.
"He usually walks or skateboards. Do you think he fell off his board" I wondered out loud.
"It's possible, but it would have to be a pretty bad fall to do that much damage. He would likely have a broken arm or leg to go with it" the doctor explained. "Don't worry mr. Smith, I'm sure we'll get answers once he wakes up"
"Can I see him?" I asked. The doctor nodded.
"Yes, but I must ask he stay here overnight just to make sure he's recovering well and we didn't miss anything" I agreed it was a good idea and followed the doctor to his room.

The doctor explained to me that Parker would probably be sleeping for a while, especially if he exhausted himself walking home.
"Thanks for taking good care of him" I said. The doctor nodded and left to me with him. I took a seat next to the bed and sighed. He looked at peace while he slept, hopefully he's not in any pain. I took my phone out and sent a group text to the others to tell them Parker was okay. They were all as relived as I was to hear it.

I spent the next hour with Parker, talking to him. I knew he was sleeping and couldn't hear me, but it made me feel better.
"I just wish I knew what happened bud" I said sadly. It was getting late so I figured I'd leave and let him rest. I left  my jacket on the chair in case he woke up before I got back, so he'd know I was here. I thanked the doctor and nurses again on my way out.

I took a taxi back to the studio to get my car. I wanted to get Parker's bag from inside, but Eric locked up the building after he left. The only thing I could do was head home. It was dark as I drove home. The ride was silent as I was in no mood for the radio to be on. I just couldn't wait to get home and rest. Different scenarios played out in my head as I wondered what happened to my boy. It terrified me to think I almost lost him today.

I got home and wanted to go  straight to my room. As I passed Parker's room, I stopped by the door and looked inside. His empty bed broke my heart.
'He's fine. He'll he home tomorrow' I thought to myself. I noticed his bed was  a mess with his guitar sitting on his pillows, out of its case. I shook my head as I walked over. I put his guitar back in its case and placed it by his closet before going to make his bed. I didn't usually clean up after him, but I wanted his room to look nice for when he came home.

Once I was satisfied with Parkers room I went to my own. I smiled as I walked over to my dresser and saw the pictures of us together. He was so calm and polite until high school, when he became more social and daring. Sometimes he was a handful, but I knew I'd always love him. I smiled and changed into a clean shirt and pajama pants before crawling into bed. I fell asleep with Parker on the mind, hoping to bring him home tomorrow.