Alone

After yesterday, I really didn't want to go to school. But I knew I had to, I had to keep my grades up and get out of there for good. I even stayed up half the night studying, despite that being the last thing I wanted to do thanks to Cody. God, I didn't even want to think about him. If I see him today I will start a fight.

I got ready for the day and headed out. Dad offered me a ride before I left but I needed the time alone to think. The walk was nice anyway, but I missed my skateboard. Let's see, I now had to replace my skateboard, necklace, guitar, and now my phone a second time after throwing it yesterday. The way things were going, I started to think I didn't deserve to go on tour with dad. I'd probably screw everything up.

By the time I got to school I was in a bad mood today. Not that I woke up in a good mood, but over thinking didn't help. I walked inside the building and went down the hall until I reached my locker. Daisy was waiting by it, and I was tempted to just keep walking, but I knew I couldn't avoid her forever.
"Hey Parker" she said with a sad tone.
"Hi Daisy" I said back coldly as I opened my locker. I placed my bag down on the floor and began putting some books away.
"Sorry about yesterday. I was being a bit of an ass, wasn't I" she sighed.
"Mm" I hummed as I shut my locker.
"Well, I heard you had a good time with Cody last night. Tell me the details" she lit up as she said his name, making me angry.
"Who told you that?" I asked with a growl.
"Cody. He was showing off the necklace you gave him and everything"
"Daisy, you know I'd never let anyone even touch that necklace, never mind have it" I said, trying not to get too mad. It wasn't her fault after all.
"So how'd he get it?" She tilted her head as she asked.
"He came over to study last night and took off with it while I was in the other room. That and my guitar" I explained. Daisy had an angry look on her face, so I was sure she was on my side.
"How dare you Parker" she snapped, confusing me. "Cody is a good kid and would never do such a thing"
"Daisy, you've been my best friend for years. Why can't you believe me?"
"Because Cody would never do something that bad, but you would lie if it meant saving your reputation. You're just a rockstar like your dad, aren't you Parker?" She was getting in my face and making me uncomfortable.
"I have no idea what you're talking about Daisy. What does that even mean? You know me and my dad" I tried defending myself but she wouldn't back off.
"I'm going to go see David now. Bye Parker" she stormed off, leaving me confused and upset. Daisy was the only one I could trust here and now I fear I just lost her.

I tried to focus in class but it was hard. Daisy taking Cody's side really caught me off guard. Maybe David was making me out to be the bad guy, or maybe I really was becoming the bad guy. Thankfully my teachers are being supportive and helping me in class, otherwise I wouldn't get anything done today.

I went to the cafeteria during lunch and scanned around the crowded room. I found Cody sitting with David and Daisy, his hand playing with my necklace around his neck. I stormed over to them and grabbed a hold of my necklace.
"I believe this is mine" I growled as I pulled it off his neck. The chain broke, but I was really more worried about the pic.
"What the fuck man!" Cody exclaimed as he jumped to his feet.
"I expect my guitar back" I said with my face inches away from his.
"No way man, I already sold it to another kid this morning" he said smugly. I shoved him back into the table, knocking him down.
"Parker!" Daisy yelled as she sprung up up help Cody up.
"What's wrong with you?" David asked, now getting in my face. It was three against one but I wasn't scared.
"What's wrong with you? Cody is a lair, thief, and he's manipulative" I said as Cody walked over. The two boys stood over me and I debated if it was worth getting another beating. Daisy stood off to the side in shock.
"Never talk to me again" I told all three of them before leaving. I expected Cody to try and take the necklace back, but the three just watched me leave without follow.

I kept my pick in my pocket and frequently checked it throughout the rest of the day. It may have just been an ordinary pick, but it was special to me. Since I couldn't focus on German anyway, I used that time to text dad and ask for a ride home once school was over. I didn't tell him about how my day's been going, I figured I'd tell him in person.

I headed to my locker to switch some books before leaving school at the end of the day. When I headed outside, Cody and David walked over.
"So now that's school's out, you wanna keep acting tough?" Cody asked.
"Cause we don't mind showing you who's boss" David asked, crossing his arms.
"As much as I'd love a food fight fellas, I gotta go" I said. I tried walking by but Cody stood in front of me. I pushed him out of the way only for David to take his spot.
"What's the matter man, gonna be late for band practice?" He asked in a mocking tone.
"Yeah, you jealous?" I jeered back.
"Can't practice without an instrument now can you?" Cody asked.
"Oh yeah, like you stole the only instrument I ever use" I rolled my eyes.
"Stop with the sarcasm or you'll regret it" David growled. I dropped my bag and got in his face.
"What are you going to do about it?" I growled back.

I knew from last time that being outnumbered was dangerous, but at this point I was seeing red and just wanted to fight. David took a swing at me so I ducked and punched his jaw. Cody punched the side of my head, causing me to stubble back. I growled and rushed at him, punching right below his ribs.
"Enough!" We all heard a yell and someone running towards us. I turned around and sighed. It was Zach.
"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"Just get in the car" he grabbed my bag with one hand and my arm with the other, dragging me away. It was embarrassing.

"What the hell was that about?" Zach asked as we got in his car. I crossed my arms and looked out the window.
"One boy stole from me and the other stole my best friend" I mumbled.
"So you get into a fist fight?" He asked, clearly upset.
"Look, dad doesn't have to know. I got my pick back" I pulled my pick out of my pocket, the broken chain still hanging off it.
"That's nice, but you probably could've gotten it back in a nicer way" Zach said.
"I was nice then, it was during lunch. But I couldn't get my guitar back" I mumbled the last part, hoping he wouldn't hear.
"He stole your guitar?" He asked with an angrier tone. "Why did you even bring it to school?"
"I didn't. I let him over thinking I could trust him, and he took off with it"
"Well that sucks" Zach said. He went quiet so I turned on the radio. What an interesting day