I heard the doorbell chime downstairs. His mother.

I stayed upstairs in Cedric's old room - now Nova's, listening as I heard Draco cross the landing to answer it. I decided to remain upstairs a little longer to give them some space.

It was the first time Draco was seeing her since the battle. She had spent a brief spell in Azkaban for her hand in war crimes, including the murder of Pansy Parkinson.

She had taken the fall for it, writing us a letter explaining that my mother had suffered enough. It was her way of trying to find some kind of redemption.

Draco and I worked tirelessly campaigning for her release, begging the Ministry to see that Narcissa had just been a victim to Voldemort's war as much as Draco had been. In the end, it was a good word from Harry which made them see that they were wasting a cell room.

I sat on the floor with Chalky as we entertained Nova with a giant wooden jigsaw. Nova was more interested in climbing all over Chalky, however, constantly thrusting her toys in his face and trying to pull his ears.

"We should probably start getting her ready." I murmured quietly to Chalky as I heard the kettle turn on downstairs. "The car will be here soon."

"Chalky will be so proud to see Nova in her dress!" Chalky squeaked. "Chalky has never been to a christening before. Never been to anything."

"She probably wouldn't want to go herself if you're not there," I smiled, walking over to the wardrobe to remove the small white gown that probably wouldn't stay white for very long knowing Nova.

Once Chalky and I had wrestled a very angry Nova into it, I decided it was probably the right time to go downstairs.

It was unfortunate that Nova refused to remove the scowl on her face as I carried her down the stairs; furious at me for making her wear such an atrocity.

"Sorry darling, but it's tradition. You won't have to wear it for long, I promise." I tried to assure her. But her angry pout told me she just wasn't having it.

I gave the kitchen door a gentle knock before entering. Draco and his mother looked up from the kitchen table, both cradling mugs of tea.

Narcissa's face lit up instantly.

"Nova!" She cried, placing her mug down and holding out her arms, "oh my sweet beautiful darling!"

A frown crossed Nova's face and I felt her suddenly cling her fingers onto the fabric of my dress as her little legs griped tightly around my waist.

No, I thought, looking desperately over at Draco, who was instantly rising to his feet.

"She's just going through a clingy phase, mother," Draco said, taking Nova from my arms who had started wailing in panic, her little arms reaching back out for me as her face screwed up.

It was true; ever since Draco and I had returned to her, she didn't like going to anyone else except for my mother. And Chalky, whom I was pretty certain she thought was a living breathing toy, though.

"It's okay, I understand," Narcissa said at once, but I didn't miss the look of hurt flit across her face as she watched Nova sobbing hysterically in Draco's arms.