28- Locked up

ANNIKA
Just as she settled in the room with Shivaay and the nurse hired him hovering over her, Sahil entered the room. He stared at her bandaged head, teary-eyed.

"Didi, you don't remember me? You lost your memory." His words choked.

She wanted to hug him tight and assure him that she will never forget him but Rudy who followed him shook his head looking at her.

It broke her heart to shook her head.

He watched her terrified and burst into tears. It was killing her to watch her baby brother crying his heart out. Shivaay lifted him up, hugging him and her brother cried hugging him back, face pressed on his shoulder. She couldn't contemplate the look on Shivaay's face. He looked hurt and angry. He took him out without a backward glance.
Later he brought a gloomy Sahil who settled on the couch with a bowl of ice cream.
.
.
Annika sat leaning on the bedpost with her eyes fixed on the pool all her plans ruined, body injured, and locked up in a room with the wildcat extremely frustrated. Her head ached every time she moved her head.  Her knees felt much better but it still bothered her whenever she set her foot on the floor.  And her hand felt numb.  She didn't bother to turn her gaze to the man sitting in front of her engrossed in work eyes focused on his laptop screen. Stupid laptop. Who the bloody hell invented it. If laptops, tablets, smartphones, and all those stupid things aren't invented he would have gone to his office to get his work done. And she could have executed her well-made plan. At least she could have breathed peacefully without this stubborn man getting on her nerves.

She sighed discouraged only to have him looking at her.

"What? Do you need anything?"

"No" she replied curtly not bothering to look at him.

On her journey back from hospital Annika calmed herself that it's only until they reach Oberoi mansion and this arrogant man will leave her alone to go to work. Especially when he has hired a nurse to look after her. But no. The man didn't leave the room except to cook for her. That's the only positive thing. After all, the man is fabulous in cooking. Although Annika would never opt for the foods he cooks for her, she can never ignore how delicious, they are. The head dietitian of their hospital visited her later the day with her blood test results. Even though Annika didn't like the idea a bit she tried to listen to what she has to tell. But two minutes into their conversation Annika was zoned out. Rich people and their stupid dramas. Seriously now someone else would decide what she would eat. Annika was sure that she is not going to die anyway.  Then what is the big deal? She was perfectly fine before she decided to perform that act-of-the-century that lead her to the hospital and then that accident.

If she didn't give a damn about his conversation with the dietitian she regretted the moment he saw the boring ugly vegetable soup for dinner. That's when she realized the gravity of the situation. She was worried about the list suddenly.

When he grabbed the spoon and started to feed her she didn't dare to stop him not wanting to hear the same dialogue. She has to admit, it didn't taste that bad as she expected. In fact, it was delicious not that it can match her aloo poori or aloo paratha or chole bhature. But it tasted nice.

She was dumbfounded to know that he is not letting anyone else cook for her. From chopping veggies to cooking to everything, he didn't allow anyone else except his brothers.  And he brought it to her himself and made sure she ate them all. It's not like she would waste. She might make faces and whine but she would never waste food no matter how horrible it tastes.

The door that was always open to everyone is now locked. Nobody is allowed inside except family that too only with his permission.  He would call the girls when he has to cook.  They will leave once he is back and he would feed her.  The most important thing is he eats what she eats. She hated how everything he did warmed her heart. She told herself not to get caught in this web. He is going to declare that she is unsuitable for him and would ask her to leave... Soon... You don't belong to his world. You are nothing he ever desired. Your not the type of woman he would associate with. He is definitely going to flip again. And it's your duty to keep your heart from breaking again. She told herself every time she felt something for him.
.
.