20. Sun Shines

SHIVAAY

Shivaay sat in his cabin eyes cold, body relaxed but mind seething in anger, looking at the man pleading, kneeling in front of him.

"Mr.Gupta you are wasting my time. I thought you are a brilliant, wise man.  After all these years you must know that these stunts won't work in front Shivaay Singh Oberoi."

"Sir, please forgive me, sir. Nobody will hire me now, sir... please."

"You have 30 seconds to leave my cabin."

"Sir, I never wanted to do that sir.  She didn't give me an option sir. Mein majboor tha sir.  She was blackmailing me sir."

"You gave her the opportunity.  Even then you could have come to me.  You must know that there is nothing Shivaay Singh Oberoi can't rescue you from."

"Mishra"

Shivaay turned his eyes to the file in front of him as if nothing happened when the security dragged him out of his cabin.

"Sir"

"Yes, Mishra"

"Your brothers are here."

"Okay"

He signed where ever required and waited for his brothers. The door burst open and Rudra ran to him.

"Bhaiyya..."

He took his eyes off the file and turned to him to see his little brother kneeling down in front of him.  Rudar put his head on his lap and hugged him wrapping his hands around his waist.

"Sorry, Bhaiyya."

His chest constricted with pain as tears flowed out of his little brother's eyes.  He kept his palm on the back of his head.

"It's okay, Rudra." he managed to whisper.  Then he looked up to Om who was standing in front of the table with eyes threatened to spill.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the lunch with his brother, Shivaay didn't even get a minute's break. Back to back meetings kept him in the office till eight.  And tomorrow he has hours-long interviews scheduled for all the vacancies.  Now he can breathe that all the rats are out except a few and their leader, Svetlana.

Dadi and bade ma were present in the living room chatting when he came home.  Both of them hugged him and apologized for ignoring him on the breakfast table.  But before he left to his room to change they reminded him that it doesn't mean he is not forgiven for what he did to Annika.  And dadi asked him to meet her with Annika after dinner.

On his way to his room, he saw her coming out of Prinku's room, flanked by the girls.  That's when he noticed that she still wears her old clothes, not the new ones they bought for her.

You have to do something Shivaay. Shivaay Singh Oberoi bought you clothes leaving his work and you don't give a damn? This is not done, Annika. Tum stubborn ho toh main double stubborn hoon. Tum double tadibaaz ho toh main triple tadibaaz hoon.  Mere samne kaisse tadi marthi hai main dekhtha hoon.

"Hey, aissa kya dekh rahe ho, Shivaay?"

Startled out of his thought he saw a smiling Om at his side. That's when he realized that girls were long gone and he was staring at an empty corridor.

"Nothing."

"Really, Shivaay?"