25. Uninvited Guest

SHIVIKA

Annika walked ahead of Shivaay thinking about everyone's reaction if the truth comes out. What will they think of them? What will they think of her? How will she face dadi? All because of him. All because of his utterly insane idea of taking her to that estate she doesn't even have any idea where it is. She looked over her shoulder fuming in anger. He was shouting orders. She rolled her eyes. It must be half-past 10 well over office time and he was still barking orders. She marched toward their room irritated.

After almost fifteen minutes she decided it's no use to wait for him and proceeded to change into her nightdress. She ran her fingers along with the soft silk fabric of the white nightgown. She could not help to think about its cost. She begrudged spending so much on a single attire. She can get a dozen of dresses of her choice by it, for sure. Annika found it weird to change into a dress for sleep. How many times one would change their dress a day? For her, it was only two. The one she wears out and the one she wears when she is home.

Immersed in thoughts of how her life changed she slumped on the brand new couch beside the bed. She asked papa if she can take the couch beside the poolside. He didn't say a word. He just took his mobile and made a call. A man came within half an hour with models to show her. And he got her a brand new ash color couch that goes along with the decor of the room. This taught her a lesson today that Oberois just won't take no for an answer, not even the soft-hearted Shakthi Singh Oberoi. Damn! How am I going to wake up in the morning? How can someone leave this heavenly feeling and get up? She stroked the velvet surface of the new couch.

She heard him walking towards the room and she turned and covered her face with her forearm, in such a way that she could see his reaction on seeing her sleeping on the new couch. He was too busy to notice the new couch in the evening. She waited for him to walk in with bated breath. He paused for a few seconds a few feet away from the couch. Damn, she couldn't see his face.

"New couch?" She heard him ask.

"Really, Annika... you got a new couch to sleep when you have such a big comfortable bed?" She heard him speak. Asking me or talking to himself?

"You were all about saving money and all right? What happened now?"

Damn, he knows that I am awake? How? She closed her eyes shut vigilant to not move a single muscle of her body even if she wanted to make it clear that it was never her idea to get a new couch.

She heard him move towards her. "Annika, no need to pretend anymore."

Oh... No. I am not going to lose this one. She told herself, not moving a single muscle except her breathing.

"Annika I am gonna count to 5."

Count? What does he want? Play hide n seek? She heard him count. What will he do if I didn't open my eyes? Just as the thought passed her mind she felt his hand beneath her knees and one hand sliding under her shoulder and his breath on her face. She sprang up screaming no, resulting in her forehead bang on his jaw. She felt his strong grip on her shoulder and knees as he fell on his back taking her with him. She didn't know how she ended upon him. Her stomach pressed against his chest, her chest awfully close to his face. She pulled her body away from him embarrassed and heard him moan in pain. She looked aside and found him with one hand on the back of his neck and the other one rubbing his jaw. She felt sorry but in an instant, she smirked looking at him. He had it coming. He could have let her sleep where she wanted. And this was not one of Prinku's daily soap for the hero to land on the floor with the heroine securely in his arms; which was followed by their five-minute-long eye lock with a romantic song in the background and wind. Here look at him. She wanted to laugh at him ignoring the discomfort felt on her shoulder. He turned to her cocking his brow. She glared at him.