27. Tai Tai Phiss

ANNIKA

After a few minutes' attempts to open her eyes Annika finally managed to open her eyes and realized that she was back to the same hospital bed which she bade goodbye to several hours earlier the day.  She found it impossible to keep her eyes open and even before she could think about what happened to her she fell back deep into sleep.

She opened her eyes feeling someone move beside her after what felt like years.  She opened her eyes to see Rudy's worried face with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Bhabhi... how are you feeling now? Does it hurt? don't worry... It's just minor injuries nothing serious. We can go home tomorrow."

"Then why are you crying? I am okay. Stop crying." Her hand reached out to his hands that were resting on the edge of the bed.

"I am sorry bhabhi. I shouldn't have left you alone."

"Oye... stop crying.  I am glad that you weren't with me. Stop talking none sense. If you too were there then both us would be lying here. And you would have made all the hospital staffs go crazy."

"Bhabhi!!!!"

"Rudy, how are others? Driver uncle and Mahesh?"

"Driver is critical and Mahesh is okay. He has already left by the time I reached."

"How are you feeling bhabhi?"

"Numb and super tired."

"Then you need to sleep..."

"Rudy, Sahil?"

"We haven't told him yet."

"Don't tell him anything."

"I can't even imagine if anything happened to you. God, I was so worried. Bhaiyya will kill me when he returns."

She rolled her eyes and saw him narrowing his eyes looking at her.

"Bhabhi, haven't you noticed how Bhaiyya behaves whenever you are hurt. Trust me bhabhi we haven't seen him that way never before."

"Hey, it's just that he is not..."

"No... Just because we are billionaires doesn't mean our life is so easy. We had our fair share of problems. Especially Bhaiyya. You were there when O tried to commit suicide right. Did Bhaiyya break down? No. It was not the first time, bhabhi. O has done that a few times in the past. You might have heard about his drug addiction." She nodded when he paused glancing at her. "We didn't know what to do. We have no idea how it all started. Even after being this close to each other, we didn't have any clue." Her hands reached out to him watching his eyes clouding with tears. She squeezed his palms gently. "He started acting weird and mostly spent his time at his gallery. Then one-day Bhaiyya got a call from his friend, an IPS officer. Bhaiyya went to his gallery and saw him unconscious among his unfinished paintings. He was taken to the hospital. O refused to co-operate with the treatment. He slit his wrist in the hospital washroom. Mom and daadi were crying and dad was so angry. Prinku and I cried hugging Bhaiyya. Bhaiyya has done everything that has to be done. I know, he would have been breaking inside but he knew he should not fall weak. Whatever may be the situation Bhaiyya always stood tall in front of us protecting us. That's why we call him the great wall of Shivaay. He would shout orders, he would be angry, upset but never vulnerable. He always has that look on his face that says everything is going to be okay. He always knew what he is doing. What he has to do. But when it comes to you, when you are in danger it switches him to a panic mode that I have never seen before. Like the whole world is gonna come crashing down on him if something happens to you. I have never seen him clueless." she saw him pausing looking at her overflowing eyes. She kept her gaze focused on the ceiling and swallowed the painful lump formed in her throat.