♢ FIVE;

The Vegas skyline is similar to the Reno skyline but still has its differences. Vegas is busier than Reno. They both have all the same style buildings and lights, but in Vegas, each pedestrian looks like they're ready to lose it all in the first casino they see. Funny thing is, they're happy about it. Being bad at casino games comes with the Vegas experience. From Harper's floor window at the home in Reno, she saw everyday people walking. It wasn't obvious that they were headed to a show or to a bar.

Even though the view outside is bustling, inside the room is the exact opposite. Harper has the blinds to her window all the way up, hoping that the sunlight bathed room changes the room's mood. But no, the room is still all angles, cold and calculating and plain. It's not cold temperature wise, but Harper still wraps her arms around herself as she crosses the threshold to reach her bed. Harper closes her eyes and lets the sunlight seep through behind her eyelids. It's only after her eyes are closed that she lets the events of last night weigh her down again. Ever since Esme picked her up, her mind has pretty much been in autopilot. She followed her orders and stayed low. Of course she had the thought of trying to escape when she wasn't on such close watch but that proved it would do more harm than good. The only time she strayed from docile and obedient led her to meet Imogen. Harper does a sharp intake. Imogen... is a lot, and Harper isn't sure quite what to make of her. Harper knows nothing about her but her name and her legacy. Last night was dizzying for Harper. Imogen's proximity and tone with her was frightening and intriguing at the same time. She felt scared but didn't want to pull away. And now, she has no idea what to do. It's too late to go back to Reno without going unnoticed. Weirdly she finds herself wanting Esme back solely for the familiarity of her in Vegas.

Harper stands up from the bed and shuffles her way to the door. She doesn't know where she'll go from there but maybe inspiration will strike when she actually reaches the door.

Her hand goes to the cool knob and turns it. Opening the door she sees someone right in front of it, hand poised to knock. After recovering from the initial shock, it takes everything in Harper not to break down in joy.

"Glad to see our best friend telepathy still works just fine."

"Elodie!!" Harper screams as she rushes to hug her friend at the door. Elodies hugs her back just as tightly and enthusiastically. Harper is close to crying on her best friend's shoulder because she is so overwhelmed by it all.

"How did you find me? When did you leave Reno?" Harper asks after finally pulling away.

Elodie smiles back conspirately and waves her hand dismissively. "Like I said, best friend telepathy is still intact," she replies.

Elodie looks over Harper's shoulder and her mouth makes an O.

"Damn, your place is nice!" She squeezes past Harper to walk into the room. She struts around slowly, touching every open surface as Harper closes the door and stands there, following Elodie's movements with her eyes. "This is a major upgrade from the home."

At the mention of the home, Harper is surprised to feel a bit of nostalgia. She didn't miss the constant depression she felt living there but is looking for the sense of familiarity and freedom. But with Elodie's surprise arrival, she got some of that back.

"So you decide to become a wealthy socialite after I leave? I see how it is," Elodie says in a lighthearted manner, crossing her arms to turn to Harper. Elodie is grinning widely and Harper can't help but notice how much more tired she looks. She's lively with her usual extroverted personality. However, the bags under her eyes are prominent and her clothes aren't styled in the chic way they usually are, hanging loosely from her frame.