3) Meri Behna? Aa gayi!

Start from the beginning

'Bhag mat Mansi. You'll sprain... Mansi...'

'I missed you so much. So much.'

'Bas bas, let me breathe. We just met last week. How can you always be so ecstatic to meet me?'

'One whole week was like one whole year Jaan.'

'Drama queen, I'm imagining what would happen if in case I meet you after years for some reason.'

'You better run, cause I will jump on you.'

Why am I feeling so empty all of a sudden. It had been five years since I've seen Janvi and not a single muscle of my body inched towards her. Like there wasn't any strength to do so.

How weird to feel empty and full at the same time on seeing a lost best friend.

That's when it hit me.

If she was here, standing on my door. It meant only one thing...

My family was here!

The sudden rush of realisation didn't go unnoticed, 'Everyone is downstairs.'

And I leaped out of the bed, went past her and peeped downstairs to see my family smiling and waiting for me to come down.

I feel so fucking happy.

With excitement in my veins, I ran down the stairs, taking two steps at once and just hugged my badi beeji who was ready to hug me. Soon my nani, nanu, and my little brother Samar joined the hug.

'Kitna bada ho gaya mera baccha.' My badi beeji caressed my face, tears streaming down her face, 'I am not leaving you ever.'

My smile widened because I really missed them. All of them. Baring all the Janvi incident, I really missed them.

'Mansi, let them breathe. They've just arrived.' Bua daadi spoke, as she told the help to take their belongings to their rooms.

My Nani gave me big squeeze, 'Baal colour kar diye?' She said amidst her tears, I chuckled, wiping her tears, 'Soni lag rahi hai.'

Nanu hugged me, 'You left and all our colours faded too. Mera baccha.' He kissed my forehead.

On enquiring about my uncle, I was told that Dabbu mama was taking care of some urgent matters in the shop. I gave Samar another hug and he said he missed me. I told him I missed bullying him and he looked at Janvi up there with a pout.

For a split second, I forgot she came here too. She was still upstairs looking down at us. She gave him a smiling nod, and my brother Samar frowned at me.

Good old days.

My G Ma then told them to sit, and Janvi greeted her. I sat next to my BB while she touched my G Ma's feet, and was greeted by a long hug. It was like G Ma was savouring the moment. They didn't cry or anything, just she touched Janvi's face lovingly, thankful she was here.

Then something weird happened. G Ma looked behind Janvi, towards the door. Her eyes expectantly waiting for someone.

'Paa couldn't come. He has some work issues.'

That was Janvi's most repeated statement. Anytime anyone from the Vadhera's asked her about my Virat Pa, she said this exact statement and it was no excuse.

Virat Pa was actually in a very blood sucking job and it was difficult for him to take leaves. But whenever I dropped at Rishikesh, he would somehow manage to squeeze in time for me. Often Virat Pa and I had an upper hand in playing pranks at Janvi, Dabbu chachu and Samar. And then badi beeji would scold both of us.