Chapter 18: Checkmate

ASHLYN'S POV

-------------------

It's my fault. All my fucking fault! I hate this feeling. I'm her best friend. Well I'm supposed to be her best friend. Though I don't see how I made her feel this way. It's the girls + Jack and Rian. They cheated and filled her head with doubts. Not Me.

Though, I sorta screwed everything up. I'm a horny drunk. I have an issue. So that party. Maybe not the best idea. Of course, nobody remembers. Nobody can remember. They all get so drunk that they can't put faces and names together. So to them. I'm mystery girl. I'm such a slut!

See what happened was...

----------FLASHBACK---------

The party was just about starting. Everybody was already pretty wasted. Shocking? No.

High school kids wanna get drunk. Helps them with they're problems. Well, that's what they think.

I walked up to Rian who was chilling with Kara. They were both pretty smashed, so at least I got that going. Kara said she had to go to the bathroom, she said she was going to use the upstairs one. Cleaner.

She traipsed up the stairs and when she was gone. I joked with Rian. I ended up kissing him. Not my fault. He got into it and sorta moaned Katie's name. I went with it, it could take the blame off me.

------------FLASHBACK OVER-------

I take it that's how Rian got the fucking Katie idea. The Jack and Kara is a mystery to me.

I felt guilty, this was a chain reaction. We could see this coming.

I was currently driving to Lacey's with all different types of ice cream. I got two of every Ben & Jerry's flavor they had. She needed it. I also picked up chips and soda. Not forgetting the yoplait she always craved when she got upset.

This might be harder though. She feels like things are her fault. It doesn't help that Alex and Her are moving really fast. That's just another worry, it seems real though. They seem pretty legit. Like "the one". I don't know anything right now. The only thing I know is that I really needed to try and cheer her up.

I quickly parked behind her car in the drive way, grabbed the shopping bags. Plastic digging into my skin. Not important. What's important is the girl inside, who's sad and needs me.

I rush to her door and find its unlocked. I stroll through to the kitchen, place the bags down and run up to Lacey's bedroom.

It had been about 3 days since the big blowout. It's currently winter break, so that meant Lacey didn't have to face the guys.

I finally reached her door, it was all the way down the hall, and her house was fucking gigantic. I heard complete silence coming from her room. That could be good, or extremely bad. I don't know which. Well, nows my chance to find out.

I opened the door slowly, not wanting to disturb her if she was sleeping. She wasn't, she sat straight up in bed. Looking at a picture from Alex's party. Damn! I didn't know she had that!

"Hey L! I brought the best stuff! Lets go downstairs okay?" I said. She didn't move, just stared at the picture. So I tried a different approach.

"Retail Therapy, you. Me. Now. Where are your keys?" I said physically dragging her out of her king sized bed. (She was that rich.)

She flopped onto the floor.

"I don't wanna go. I want to be alone." She said bluntly, staring at the floor. Wow, she was in deep.

"Nope! I'm taking you and that's that. Girly shoe shops and then to the good stores. On me. Now!" I said. My dad wouldn't mind, he was business partners with Lacey's dad, so yeah I was kinda rich. So blowing that money on stuff wasn't my fault 'Its the hormones'. Yeah, right. My dad just believes me.

"Ughmmhghph." Lacey said, words being muffled by her shaggy carpet. So I dragged her up, tossed clothes at her. Told her to get dressed or else. She got dressed, probably didn't wanna find out what 'Or Else' meant.

She knew how serious I could get about this.

She got dressed and I dragged her downstairs. Trying not to push or pull to hard. Falling down marble stairs hurts, bad. I would know, it's happened to me before.

"Why?" She asked me saying the most obvious things. I can't handle it.

"BECAUSE YOU'RE BEING A FUCKING BABY!!! WHY THE HELL DID YOU RUN OUT OF THE HOUSE?!?! YOU'RE BOYFRIEND DID NOT CHEAT!!! YEAH, WE KNOW! IT'S A LOT OF PRESSURE ON YOU, BUT THEY NEED YOU! SO I KNOW YOU'RE STRESSED AND HURT, BUT WE ARE GOING SHOPPING! OKAY." I yelled finally letting it all out. She stared at me in awe.

"I love you. I needed that. I just can't manage." She said running into my arms with a hug.

"I know Lay, that's why today. You aren't thinking at all, just doing. Haha. That sounded weird. Like I was saying, today. I'm in charge. Okay. You can't think, just do." I said. Grabbing her hand and pulling her outside we jumped into the range rover I drove over. I brought it because we were gonna need space for all the shopping bags.

"Okay, let's go." She said. We blasted some blink-182 and just had fun laughing whenever one of our voices cracked trying to sing some odd high note in a song.

We finally got to the mall, that was my first stop. It was going to be a long day, and it wasn't even noon yet.

I grabbed her hand and started dragging her to all the good stores. When we had been through three stores, our arms were suffering. We had to bring the bags back to the car and then go back on to the retail therapy. Yeah, my car was gonna be overflowed by the time we're done.

-------------

AUTHORS NOTE:

Yeah Ikr, it's short. Long overdue, and really bad and boring. But the beginning told you a bit about Ashlyn so that's cool. I really NEED some comments on what you liked what you didn't like, what you want to happen, and what you really don't want to happen! Please comment! I need at least 4 comments saying those things in order for the next chapter to be posted! Thanks people! Love you guys!!

XOXO, Kennedy