Chapter 2

I came home exhausted after a long day as I would say because I'm still under the shock that I'm paired
with the  Chad Michael Murray and Matthew McConaughey of our college. Kyra dropped me home and said she'll pick me up by 7 for the so called "social get together " they were boasting about. I went to my room took a long hot shower and pulled over my sweats and went down to grab something to eat. My mom was busy cooking in the kitchen.
" Hey mom you're home early  " I said grabbing the bowl of strawberries from the kitchen.
" Yeah I took half day off , your father's important clients are coming over dinner. So I had to prepare the best . Can't disappoint your father in this , you know what happens if something isn't perfect for your father " she said sighing .
My father is not the type you would rub your ego with. He was a very resentful man if I should say. I don't blame him for that attitude of his. His career made him change the person he is now . He is a Corporate Lawyer, a very competitive field in which people just stab you in the back if you don't have the eyes like a Hawk. He has his own law firm and handles for some of India's well known multinational corporate companies. He is a successful man in his career and I've always admired this man for his courage and determination to achieve what he wants. But in personal life , he was a disaster to say. He didn't know how to handle his attitudes between family and work. He had the same resentful attitude with us always. The strict rules and regulations he implied on me from my childhood days are just unacceptable. I mean South Indian parents restrict their kids from many behaviours and leisures . But my father took this to another level . He basically controlled my life. He never wanted me to follow his footsteps and take up his firm as he always quoted that I was not cut out to be a lawyer because of my timid character.He hasn't seen my sassy side yet.That's why to rebel him for once in my life proving him that I can be more than a timid girl I chose mechanical engineering but that's a disaster to talk later about. My relationship with my father was always a love hate relationship.I hardly talk to him except important matters or basically just giving him the answers he wants to hear from me and not what I want.
" Chill yaar mummy , you'll manage anyways you have Aaliyah to enlighten the mood " I said
My mom was a poor sweet soul, completely opposite to my father. She is a legal advisor and works with my dad in his firm. I still don't get an idea how did she marry him. But hey we are Indian Muslims man. There's isn't an option of opinion from a girl in a marriage. I shared a pretty close relationship with her. She was an amazing cook and whatever she does is heaven in a plate.
Aaliyah is my thirteen year old sister. The only person in our family whose sassy,witty and has the guts to get on my dad's nerves and question him.I'm actually proud of her for only that reason.Other than that she's annoying.
" Oooh talks about me ?" Aaliyah said swiftly descending the stairs.
" You're caught this evening with Papa's (dad) colleagues have fun ! " I said beaming at her
" What ? No way in hell " Aaliyah whined
" You know about Papa Aaliyah " mom said taking the freshly baked goods from the oven
" And where is you're ass going to ?" Aaliyah asked shooting flares at me
" Zara's going out to her friend's house for studying " Mom said
" Yeah if that studying involves boys , drinks , music I don't think so it's called studying " Aaliyah said winking at me .
" How the hell do you know about this ? " I asked her
" Oh I just have my sources babe " she said smirking
My mom's eyes widened with shock and looked at me.
" it's the first party of the year mom please , everyone's going " I said pleadingly.
" You can convince me my darling, what about your papa ?" Mom asked
" What convincing do I need ?" my dad came inside the kitchen.
" Zara's going out tonight " Aaliyah said
" I have a project coming up , so should discuss for that " I said instantly
I pleaded Aaliyah with my puppy eyes not to tell anything . She rolled her eyes at me and remained silent.
" Oh project on your first day of college ? Tell me something more believable . Wherever you're planning to go it's not happening, we are having a very close friend's family here for dinner. It won't be respectful to them if my daughters are not present " My dad said sternly his glare fixated on me.
" Papa I'll be back soon. It's a very important project for me , covers half of my grade. I have to start practicing the designs from now on then only I'll be able to ace it " I said. My dad didn't even look like he gave a damn about what I told.
" Let her go papa, she's 18 already . Atleast be happy she's asking your permission. I would never ask nor inform you " Aaliyah said flipping her hair.
" Aaliyah Anwar is this how you talk to your dad ?" My dad raised his voice at her.
" Chill Popps you know that and I know that too , me asking your permission for something is never gonna happen" she said smirking at my dad
" Aaliyah that's enough, go to your room" my mom said with a stern look on her face. She rolled her eyes and went away.
" He's a childhood friend of mine and he's my high profile client. I've told a lot about you, when he's coming with his family and you're missing it won't be good. Try talking to your team members " dad said his voice lower than before.
" I get it. I'll inform them I can't make it today" I said dejected . My mom gave me a concerned smile.
" that's my favourite child" he said kissing my forehead and I gave him a small smile and went to my room.
I took my phone from my bag to see a text from Kyra.

Babe be ready by 7 . I'll pick Tanisha and come. Is that okay ?

Ugh . Why can't I say no to my dad ! I texted her

" Bad news. Can't make it today! You guys have fun"

She replied within seconds

" Zara Fucking Anwar, this is the 15th time you are ditching me for your dad ! "

She's my best friend for a reason. Without telling her the reason she knows my dad was behind it.

" Have some important guests coming for dinner. You know I can't say no to my dad"

Ky: " Fuck off . I hate you. Get your ass off and walk to clg tomorrow I'm not picking you up "

Ok she's legit mad.

" If you're pissed about you having to spend time with drunk Tanisha , the boys can give you company I'll ask Aarav"

Ky: " No I don't want any of your lover boy around. I'm so not leaving you for ditching me with Tanisha"

Kyra and Tanisha are not much I would describe as friends. Tanisha is the carefree flamboyant type girl. Definitely not the type my dad is fond of. Few months back Tanisha slept with Kyra's ex at a party when both of them had unresolved feelings. Tanisha apologised to her telling that she didn't know they still had some unresolved feelings and she was too drunk enough to realise anything. So Kyra didn't do cat  crazy in her. But from then on their friendship became strained. I was the only rope of contact holding them together. So I totally get it why she's mad.

" I'm so sorry . I'll make it up to you I promise "

Ky: " Whatever I hate you "

" I love you too and have fun 😏"

Ky: " YESS I will , just see I'll take my revenge on you by grinding with your  lover boy Aarav"

I chuckled.

" He's all yours for tonight "

Ky: " I'll make sure to show this to him. You'll have his puppy eyes crying "

" 🌚🤘🏻"
Kyra has always been a fan of Aarav from day 1 . I don't blame her either. He's too cute to ignore. She always wanted us to get exclusive. I've had my fair share of moments with him where it really shouted us to kiss the crap out of each other but I really don't see us going more than friends while my eyes are just on one person. You know who I'm talking about.
My inner self has never stopped squealing after we've been paired together though my outer self remained calm and composed. I'm going to be spending freaking 5 months with him.But I'm not ready to embarrass myself in front of him cause knowing that I suck in designing. I need to be my best in front of him . It's not like he's gonna pay attention to me but still worth a chance . So I asked Aarav to help me out with designing basics and he agreed. Of course he never says no to me . Shaking myself from my wild dream thoughts I shuffled through my wardrobe to find something to wear.
I wore a peach vest chiffon cropped tank top with skinny jeans. I looked at myself in the mirror and satisfied with my look I went down tying my hair up in a messy bun.
" So I'm assuming you didn't go ?" Aaliyah asked me
" Nope there's so many parties anyways to attend " I said helping my mom with the dishes.
" Yeah but not in all parties Dhruv Mehta is gonna be there " my sister said with a smirk on her face.
" How do you know Dhruv is there at the party?  "
" Look at Tanisha's story " she said.
I immediately took my phone from my pocket and opened my Instagram account . Tanisha posted a video of the party where Dhruv was spotted with his friends by the bar.

Goddammit kill me already !

And I'm back ! Sorry for the too late update.
Anyways what you guys think is Zara gonna do now ? Do you think she's gonna ditch her dad and attend the party ?
Don't forget to press the star button and let me know your reviews in the comment section. Love ya 💞