Chapter 1

"Zara hurry the hell up!! If you go any slower I'm leaving your ass here " my dear friend slams the car hood in exaggeration.
I continue walking casually, not taking her threat seriously. " You have 5 seconds !" She suddenly shouts , and my eyes widen when I see a determined look on her angelic face .
I begin running towards one of my best friends, Kyra Sharma , who is now leaning against her car with a vicious look spread across her face .
Although she knew I despise running , she has no trouble to make me run the 50 feet separating us .
When I  finally reached in front of her , I dropped my bag in the pavement and leaned down and held my hands to the knees so that I can gasp for breath. Once I didn't feel like my lungs was on fire , I looked up at Kyra rolling my eyes at me . " God ! You run even slow" she states crossing her arms across the chest .
" Hey ! I won a race last week with you " I said
" That's not fair ! I had a sprained ankle " She whined
I sat down on the pavement and huffed , realising that she was right . I looked up at her to see she mimicking me fashionably as I was doing seconds ago "Congratulations Zee, you won a race with a girl who had a sprained ankle "
" I can't run,but I can read you out with a book " I said defending myself .
" Yeah only weird people like you can finish a book in a day " She said
We then got into the car and Kyra started the car .
" So what are the party plans ?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows.

Me and Parties never share a good history . It's like whichever party I go , never ends up good. The only party I went , where my friend Tara was almost raped on her own party. From then I skipped almost all the parties in my senior year of high school, rather burying myself in Math and Physics books.

" Come on don't be such a buzzkill, you've had the most boring teen life ever , we are in college atleast spend these last teen years of your life partying and having fun " Kyra remarked my boring life
" Yeah drugs and alcohol are the solution to keep you people sane and happy . That's not the real fun at all " I said
" Yeah so tell me what's your real fun ? Sitting in your pretty ass bedroom twirling your hair around,finishing novels and binge watching Netflix?" Kyra said
" Well part of , I enjoy spending time to myself . That's not bad " I said pouting
" You can spend but you gotta make time for your friends, despite your so called busy life " she said mocking me
" Whatever?!" I said rolling my eyes.
" It's the start of the semester , many pretty boys are gonna be there . It's time we get boyfriends. And trust me this party is the best chance . " Kyra said squealing.
" Ugh fine , for now let's focus on our first day of a new semester. I hardly passed the first semester and my dad's already pissed with me . So this time I have to ace my level best . " I said sighing
" According to you " hardly passed" is getting a 7.5 CGPA . It isn't bad okay, Engineering is hard . But you've always been the best from kindergarten as far as I can remember. So chill you've got it. "

Like every South Indian girl, the only goal ,all through my life my parents have fed was to become a successful independent woman before I reach 25. And the "successful "they mean is having a paycheque of atleast 30 to 40 lakhs per annum. Such frantic goals right? And the only way to get this paycheque was to study Engineering atleast according to my father. So I had to work my ass off to get into one of the prestigious colleges in India. And here I am in IIT Bombay, one of the most cruel places you'll ever get to study . With India's most intelligent brains put together in one place can surely create a havoc. Atleast for me . I've always been the brightest student in my school and getting into IIT wasn't a big deal for me, but surviving in IIT wasn't so easy . My confidence level has drained so frantically from my day 1 of my first semester, that I see me going no where in next few years. And who said racism and bullying stops in high schools . It's just the stepping stone . Me being a South Indian girl in a group of highly intelligent Bombay brains is a hard way to pass through without them making snide sarcastic comments about 'Madrasi people' . But hey I've seen worst . And I somehow managed my first semester. And I've come up with a scheduled plan to survive my next 3 1/2 years in this hellhole .