~21~ Yibo's nightmare

I don't know how late or early it was when I was torn from my dreams of visiting the zoo with my parents, (which never happened), because Yibo was tossing and whimpering back and forth. I opened my eyes tiredly and looked at Yibo, who was lying next to me, bathed in sweat and trembling, and something bad seemed to be in his dreams.

The night light had gone out and I could only see him at all because my eyes were used to the darkness. I crawled out of bed, went around it and connected the night light, which was previously running on battery, to the electricity supply and it immediately began to glow softly. And with this soft glow, Yibo seemed to calm down too.

Slowly I crawled back into the bed and under my blanket, I carefully wiped the sweat from Yibo's forehead with a tissue. He pressed his forehead against my hand and grabbed me while he slept, pulled me towards him and clung tightly to my body. I whispered to him and said: "Everything will be fine. I am here. You don't have to be afraid anymore."

"You can' t die." Mumbled Yibo in his sleep. I wonder if it's just a nightmare, or maybe he had a terrible experience and it haunted him in his sleep with images of memories?

I stroked the sobbing Yibo over his head and quietly sang a song that my mother used to sing to me whenever I had a nightmare. Slowly, Yibo's tears dried up and his trembling finally stopped completely. With his head pressed against my shoulder, he now slept on calmly. I whispered "Good night" and stroked his head.

In the morning around nine o'clock my alarm clock rang, I had set it for myself so I could take a shower and get dressed before the delivery from the supermarket came. I would not like to open the door to the supplier, completely sleepy and still in my sleeping clothes, while the poor guy is probably on his feet since six o'clock to earn his bread and butter with his work.

Yibo was still asleep when I was ready with showering and getting dressed. I took my wallet and went downstairs to wait for the delivery man. This way Yibo would not be woken by the bell and could sleep a little longer. But, as a precaution, I left him a note on which I wrote that I was just outside the door to receive the delivery.

When I came outside I knew that the picnic in the park would be cancelled. The pouring rain was heavy, it was windy and cold. And it didn't look like the weather was going to get any better. And even if it did, the grass in the park is much too wet to sit on. Then we better make ourselves comfortable in the apartment today.

Maybe we just stay in bed and watch TV from there, preferably Netflix. We could also use my sofa-bench, but it is not as comfortable as my bed. When I bought the sofa-bench, I loved it and didn't think about using it for a day of television, and certainly not sharing it with anyone else. Now I'm annoyed that I didn't buy the nice comfortable sofa, which the salesman so affectionately called a cuddly sofa.

The huge sofa would have fitted into my apartment, but it would have been an absolute break in style to my complete furnishing in the apartment. Probably that would have been the first thing that would have caught your eye when opening the door. Door open, Boom Sofa. It's similar to having big cupboards set up near the door. Door open, Boom Cupboard. But I'm drifting away again.

I had to think again about the nightmare of Yibo and ask myself again what he was dreaming and why? Maybe I'll just ask him about it later. I learned in therapy that talking will help. Well, it didn't help me, but maybe it'll help Yibo in some way.

My dream from last night is one of many concerning my unfulfilled wishes for my parents. Which reminds me, I should probably give Yibo a heads-up. My parents are coming tomorrow morning and since they are different, I should better prepare him for it.