T O D A Y I S T H E D A Y

May 25, 2020 (Monday) 12:00am

Mariel's POV

TODAY is the day that I'm finally going to publish the book that I made for my bestfriend. Actually it took me maybe 4 weeks or even a month to prepare for this book and I'm actually very nervous right now because I don't really know what would be her reaction but if it's her, I know she will like it or maybe even love it. She really appreciates almost everything but I swear, don't ever talk about ketchup BWAHAHA.

She's just the most genuine person that I have met and a huge gift from God that I have ever had and I'll always be thankful for her. That's why I want her to feel special on this special day for her. Of course it's her 18th birthday and I want it to be special although we are all in quarantine.

Despite the quarantine, it was actually very hard to think on what to do to surprise her. I'm the type of person who don't really interact with other people unless I'm close with them. But I want this gift to be a success and hopefully this book will be loved by her. I did my best to talk to the people that I know na important or who became a part of her life.

Talking to different types of people made me feel nervous and excited at the same time. A lot of thoughts came into my mind like,

"maybe I bothered him/her",
"maybe he/she is busy",
"maybe na weirdan na ni siya nako", "nasamukan na siguro ni nako ay", "basin feeling niya feeling close kaayo ko",

and so many more thoughts BUT I put all those thoughts away and was motivated to make this book even more beautiful and meaningful because most of them appreciated the effort that I had just for her and also because I'm really willing to do everything just to make her happy.

For some people, 10 years is such a long time or a short time for them, it can also be meaningful and meaningless. But for me, it was like a blessing because on that 10 years, I got a bestfriend who believes, supports, cheers and loves me as to who I am. Through that years, I never thought on having a roller coaster ride with someone na I never thought would be with me through the ups and downs.

She was always there although sometimes she was very busy.
Some people may think, "How can someone handle a lot of things and situations without being stressed out?"
But the truth is, she's just good at hiding it although you can see it on her eyes sometimes. There was one time when I saw her smiling but her eyes are so sad and tired. I wanted to hug her, comfort her and remind her that she's not alone but our situations at that time was so difficult. We hardly even have the time to see each other every day. It's like God was giving the both of us the time to grow by ourselves, learn or experience things and situations separately. And the words RM of BTS said, "It's like we're on a boat looking at different directions but has the same destination" hit so hard and made me realize things. We will never understand some situations jud diay if we weren't able to experience it.

I have always been thinking of what a bestfriend truly mean. I felt like I'm a fool because I believed that you can call someone a bestfriend just because the both of you are close or has shared secrets together. I almost even called everyone my bestfriend because of some circumstances but I as I grow and learn, I realized that it's more than just secrets and closeness.

Today, she's officially 18 years old, she's already a lady and is always deserving of all the love and happiness she receives. I hope this book will make her feel all of that.

I hope she'll enjoy this day and be filled with joy and love.

***

Note:

Hi Kish, now that you're here, I want you to relax and enjoy.

Happy reading, votes and comments are highly appreciated, you can also share.

Charot lang HAHAHA

Start!!!