Chapter Three

"The First Day"

07:30

Izuku "Ghost" Midoriya

Musutafu, Japan

"This is Alpha-One, the target's confirmed. I repeat target is confirmed. Over." 

Izuku stretched as he got up from the ground. He clicked the Mic on his ear and proceeded to give the orders to his team.

"This is Ghost; you have execute authority. I'll arrive at your location, E.T.A., five minutes. Over." Izuku responded. 

"Yes, sir." The voice replied before the comms went out. Izuku began to gear up, putting on his tactical gear, his gloves, tactical boots, suppressed guns, and, last but not least, his Ghost mask. What once was a mask to hide his emotions from others, was now a legend in his field. A name and look that sent dread into the heart of every villain and assassin alike. Though Izuku assumed his assassinations were different from essential assassinations.

At least, that's what that man told him.

Izuku and his team only assassinated certain individuals. Scum such as fake heroes, villains, rapists, you name it. In the words of that man, they were "cleansing the world of its impurities." Izuku could honestly care less, as long as he was well-fed and had a home. With Izuku, now Ghost being fully geared up, he loaded his pistol and started making his way to the building his target was. Hearing two voices speaking to each other, he quickly dashed to cover behind a wall. There, in front of the building entrance was two guards. Checking his watch, Ghost saw he had four minutes left. Deciding to be quick, he stepped out of cover, revealing himself. 

"Hey! You can't be he-," The man started, but his warning was interrupted as Izuku fired a bullet into his skull. The other guard reached for his gun, but a shot to his knee stopped him. The man dropped to one knee as Ghost slowly mad this way over to him.

"Pleas-"

BANG

The Ghost simply fired a shot into the side of the man's head as he continued to make his way into the building. The Ghost was on the third flight of stairs when he heard his headset going off. 

"Ghost, come in! This whole operation is an ambush! They know we're here!" his team's co-leader yelled frantically—the sounds of gunshots and screams echoing in the background.

"We need backup! There's too many of them!"

"I'm on my way, what floor are you on?" Ghost calmly asked.

"Tenth floor, sir!"

"I'll be there soon. Don't any of you die on me." Ghost demanded before he started sprinting up the stairs. Izuku dashed dup the stairs at a fast pace, but his dash was interrupted as a man crashed into him from one of the doors leading into the fifth floor. The Ghost used the momentum from the man crashing into him and backflipped to land in a crouched position. 

"Well, if it isn't 'The Ghost' himself! It's an honor to meet a legend!" the man complimented in a broad Russian accent. Izuku slowly pulled out a knife and stared blankly at the man.

"Quiet, huh? The stories never mentioned you being mute."  

"That's because people who usually hear me talk, die. Dead men tell no tales after all." Ghost informed as he crouched down in a battle stance. The man growled and pulled out a knife of his own as he charged at Ghost. The man took several quick swipes, aiming at Ghost's face, stomach, eyes, etc. The man was fast, Izuku noted, but he was sloppy.