Chapter Four: Waking up from a Nightmare

Start from the beginning

I wonder where Deaky is.

Brian caught sight of me and flashed a star-gazing grin. He walked over to me and held out his hand.

"'Ello, I'm Brian May."

Well no s**t, I thought about what he said at the Def Leppard Rock Hall of Fame speech he did a few years back. It was quite hilarious and still is. Now I am seeing him from a whole different perspective besides a small screen on my phone.

"I'm Briana." I'd said softly, taking his hand and shaking it. His fingernails had white polish.

"That's a pretty name." He complimented.

"Thank you."

Freddie rushed over to me in his fur coat and grabbed my hand. I noticed the hand he touched mine with, the fingernails were painted black. His skin was so soft too.

"Nice to meet you, Briana", he exclaimed while throwing his hands up in the air with commotion.

"Fred, you are making a huge scene." Roger shook his head.

"Please, not as huge as that fight you had at the last gi-" He started before Roger cut him off.

"No one needs to know that." He sputtered.

"Sorry Rog, but you said I was making a scene and I was just making my point across. By the way, you know I hate being called 'Fred'."

I giggled and Freddie flashed a radiant smile exposing his overbite.

"Well...Briana finds my 'huge scene' hilarious."

Roger rolled his eyes and told Brian he was going to get dressed for the day.

I smiled at the band members' drama. It's not every day you get to hear Freddie Mercury in person make fun of his bandmate and brighten up your mood with his amazing personality.

"So, where are you from?" Freddie asked me abruptly, "You're not from here, am I right?"

I stared down at my hands, which grew sweaty. What am I supposed to tell him? That I am from the year 2020? I'm from the future and got drunk, then woke up in an unfamiliar house that was deserted. No, I can't tell him that. A lie can't hurt, wouldn't it? I'll go home and never see them ever again.

"Do you know where you're from?" He asked skeptically.

My throat felt closed shut.

"Yes, I'm from America, and...my family and I were on a separate plane but my parents' plane crashed."

Freddie eyeballed me astonished. I closed my eyes, knowing he wouldn't believe me. I am such a terrible liar. I was in the heat of the moment.

"I'm sorry." He said uneasily, "I am very sorry."

I breathed heavily. No, I'm sorry Freddie, for lying.

With no warning, he wrapped his arms around my waist with his thick fur coat nearly suffocating me. I stood there like an idiot all tensed up. I wouldn't be near as frightened if he wasn't picking me off the ground.

I let him hug me tight because who knows when is the next time I'll have a lucid dream as real as this? His feathery black hair felt smooth as silk.

"I apologize," Freddie spoke when he read my face.

"What's going on?" Roger's voice ranged out.

"You didn't know?"

"Know what?" He spoke, puzzled.

"That her parents died in a plane crash!?"

I covered my face. What kind of mess did I get myself into?